Levi van den Berg

So it cut it out of the sprue and a thin piece at the back crazed and fell off
Any way to fix this?FB_IMG_1548107226296.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Not that I know of Levi, sorry. Best I can suggest is to use it as a template to make a replacement piece. Others may know better....

L

Levi van den Berg

Not that I know of Levi, sorry. Best I can suggest is to use it as a template to make a replacement piece. Others may know better....
I really ordered a replacement but I don't know if they are actually going to send it (they did gave me 4 replacement decals sheets so there is hope) sooo wet sanding won't help I guess?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Speaking purely theoretically, what you’d want is a filler with the same refractive index as the plastic. Trouble is, I haven’t got a clue what that might be :sad:

Do you have a bottle of Humbrol Clearfix? That, from general impressions, might come close — you could try making a random cut in the kit’s clear sprue and applying some of it, or even ordinary tube cement, then see if you can still see the scar after it dries. If not, it’s worth a shot trying it on the part.

L

Levi van den Berg

Speaking purely theoretically, what you’d want is a filler with the same refractive index as the plastic. Trouble is, I haven’t got a clue what that might be :sad:

Do you have a bottle of Humbrol Clearfix? That, from general impressions, might come close — you could try making a random cut in the kit’s clear sprue and applying some of it, or even ordinary tube cement, then see if you can still see the scar after it dries. If not, it’s worth a shot trying it on the part.
Thanks I'll try that first thing tomorrow after school

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The only thing I can think of is to build it up slowly with layers of gloss clear let it dry between layers but I have never tried it. Hope you manage to sort it out.

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
I have used microscale kristal clear fluid to make a glass window pane in a plastic window frame and it goes on white , then turns clear.