Engel piston tanks.

S

solo

I desperatley need help here.

Can any one with the TA 750 system please tell me when idle what micro switches are making contact and which are not.

I had trouble with mine and had to strip them down and now need to know how to position the micro switches.

M

maninblack

hi mate

if i read the question write idle shold be micro just clearing piston thread bar thats what mine are in idle (stop) position TOP MICRO thread bar just touching BOTTOM MICRO stop from tank just touching hope this helps

M.I.B

Last edited:
S

solo

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Top micro (on center threaded spindle) Touching I understand on the bottom stop from tank I have two micro switches should both be touching or one ,and if one, which one

M

maninblack

hi mate

top micro should be just touching spindle , bottom micro should be just CLEAR of stop from tank

hope this helps mate

M.I.B

M

Mankster

The micro switch in contact with the treaded rod is there to sense the 'tank empty' postion. Of the other two micro switches, 1 senses the 90% full, the other the 100% full. This is actived by the sping loaded plunger and not the threaded spindel. You'll see than the plunder has an inner and outer portion. When the tank empty or less than 90% full the inner part of the plunger is just touching but not activating the first microswitch furthest away from the tank. When the tank is 90 % full the face of the presses on the plunger and activates the first miro switch. As the tank fills past 90% the outer part of the plunger begins to protrude and activates the second microswitch at the 100% full position, which stops the filling process.

Last edited:
S

Screw Loose

Hi there Solo, I know the other lads have answered you question. But if this is any help heres a picture of mine when there "Empty".

PistonTank30031-1.jpg

Regards

Paul

S

solo

Many thanks to you all I now have enough information to reassemble my tanks. I am waiting the arrival of a new board as I think the old one was faulty. The spindle would not stop on the empty tank cycle and finally blew the board and distorted the tanks.

Your replies and especially the photograph have been a great help to me

S

solo

Paul

one more thing you could really help me with is the wiring of the tanks. Looking at your picture mine do not seem to be wired the same way.

With the board contacts 54321 and 54321 would it be possible for you to tell me which you have wired to each.

Sorry if this seems a lot to ask but I really do not want to blow another board

Regards

Ray

S

Screw Loose

\ said:
Paulone more thing you could really help me with is the wiring of the tanks. Looking at your picture mine do not seem to be wired the same way.

With the board contacts 54321 and 54321 would it be possible for you to tell me which you have wired to each.

Sorry if this seems a lot to ask but I really do not want to blow another board

Regards

Ray
Yea no problem Ray. I am heading over to there to do a bit more on mine this afternoon, I will have a look and see if I can take a picture of it and a wireing diagram.

Paul

S

Screw Loose

Ray, I appologise about not getting back sooner. Have had a bit af a hectic day. I have been looking through some old pics but cant find one that shows the wiring clearly.

I must admit between the computers hard drive dismantling itself, and my new cars oil cooler spilling the entire contents of the engine all over the road I havnt had a great deal of time to dismantle the wiring. Its been a good day:angel:

I have the wiring diagram handy, which is a line diagram and I can tell you which position I put mine to. I will dig it out now and see if I can get the sequence right.

Should have it by tommorrow afternoon. Again sorry for the delay Ray.

Paul

S

solo

Thanks Paul sound like a really rough day you have had.

I have the line drawing and the only piece i am not certain of is S1,2. I have this going to S2,4 and on to contact 3 on the board. I fyou can verify this I think I have it.

S

solo

Problem Solved:grinball2:

It would seem the first board was faulty as I wired this up with the same wires as the first and it works perfect.

Once again thank you to all of you for your invaluable help

S

Screw Loose

I know this is a bit late Solo, I do appologise. Just got my computer up and runing last night. But thats the same as the contacts on mine. I am glad its working alright, gets the nerves a bit stretched when you turn it on for the first time :grinball2:

What sort of contacts are you using to attatch it to the microswitches ?

Paul

S

solo

I just use normal spade connections. Have tested it over the last day and all is well.

G

Gilles

Hi Paul - just picked this up with regard to a problem with Engels Gato class sub - really apprecriate it if you could send me the wiring diagram (re micro switches re piston tanks).

Cheers

Gilles