Etching on Submarines

S

Screw Loose

Just thought I would ask all your advice on here. My Engel typhoon needs some work on the etching on the hull, for the Anechoic tiles.

Some of them have become worn away and need re-etching. I have tried a hand scribe, but with limited success. I assume the Dremmel is the way to go, but not 100% sure. Or which bit to use on it.

Anyone got any ideas? :thinking:

Paul

S

subzero

\ said:
Just thought I would ask all your advice on here. My Engel typhoon needs some work on the etching on the hull, for the Anechoic tiles.Some of them have become worn away and need re-etching. I have tried a hand scribe, but with limited success. I assume the Dremmel is the way to go, but not 100% sure. Or which bit to use on it.

Anyone got any ideas? :thinking:

Paul
Use hycote or Halfords primer filler, build the flat spot back up as the tile detail is laid in the fibreglass and you will now have a flat spot, mask / spray build up the level then when dry re-scribe the tiles back and then re-paint etc.

Wear a mask and spray well away from anything as the yellow dust gets everwhere.

Hope its of use.

Regards Sub.

S

Screw Loose

\ said:
Use hycote or Halfords primer filler, build the flat spot back up as the tile detail is laid in the fibreglass and you will now have a flat spot, mask / spray build up the level then when dry re-scribe the tiles back and then re-paint etc.Wear a mask and spray well away from anything as the yellow dust gets everwhere.

Hope its of use.

Regards Sub.
Thanks Sub! Good plan I like it :dancing1:

Think I will give it a go this afternoon.

Thanks

Paul