Filthy Focus

P

Plastickitbasher

Found this one on Ebay it had already been started, so with care the parts were remove cleaned and then fully built.

I tried out the Mr Hobby Metal Colour and they worked very well paint them on and leave for a while then buff with a cotton bud.

Bodywork was painted with Zero paints and Zero clearCoat.

At this point I was planning on having the factory fresh look but the decals were a bit fragile and a few of them started to crack so went for the dirty filthy look which I think is how it may have look after a stage on wet dirty roads.

I used Black mixed with dirt brown from the Mig Oils range sorry can't remember the mix ratio, but brushed it on rather thick and left it for an hour or so and with a clean brush worked the oil mix together what you'll see in the photo's.

Talking of photo's

View attachment 60481 View attachment 60482 View attachment 60483

View attachment 60484 View attachment 60485 View attachment 60486

Enjoy

Regards

David

View attachment 62097

View attachment 62098

View attachment 62099

View attachment 62100

View attachment 62101

View attachment 62102

Focus_0001.jpg

Focus_0002.jpg

Focus_0003.jpg

Focus_0004.jpg

Focus_0005.jpg

Focus_0006.jpg

C

Caledonia

Hi David that finish is first class just finished washing my car, so I am glad I don't have to clean your one. Really like the rally mud. 5 Star from me. Cheers Derek

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats great David, the mud is, er, muddy!

Having just looked out the window at my car might I suggest that a bit more splatter from the front wheels back over the doors. All the mud gets thrown up when the car turns and swings...

regardless a great build and paint job topped of with a great bit of weathering.

five stars from me.

Ian M

D

DOPP3LGANG3R666

Nice work. Love the windscreen wiper effect. That is so good!

Pascal

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Excellent work David.

Not a car builder myself but I certainly can admire the superb weathering you did. Blimey, it looks like my car on a good day!!!

C

CDW

I've just done 600 miles up and down the motorway and my volvo looks similar :smiling3:

I like what you've done with the focus. looks like its had a good hammering round a rally circuit.

B

barryf1fan

Hello, love the look you gave your WRC Focus!!! I just started this kit about 3 weeks ago (and progress slowly) and am inspired by your work - don't know if I will get my car dirty right after finishing it though! ha! :smiling3:

Thanks for sharing.

Barry

P

Plastickitbasher

\ said:
Hello, love the look you gave your WRC Focus!!! I just started this kit about 3 weeks ago (and progress slowly) and am inspired by your work - don't know if I will get my car dirty right after finishing it though! ha! :smiling3: Thanks for sharing.

Barry
Barry

It's a nice kit and goes together very nicely, be a little watchfull of the decals that go on on the rear around the number plate area as mine where very fragile so you might need to use plenty of decal softner on them.

Regards

David

B

barryf1fan

Awesome! thanks for the tip - I am still in the interior building stage, got the roll cage, seats and dash done last night (well, dash is lamost done) should be starting on the drivers this weekend - hopefully.

Again, thanks for the heads-up.