Finally Finished my Normandy Contribution!

R

roconnell

Hi Chaps

Those of you who have followed my Cromwell build will know its been slow progress.

Well here it is and considering it my first ever dio, first ever armour and first ever figures I'm pretty pleased with the results!

Although it has been ages since the start I can quite honestly say I have enjoyed every minute!

Thanks for looking and comments and thoughts appreciated

cheers

Rich

View attachment 33481View attachment 33484View attachment 33487View attachment 33489View attachment 33486View attachment 33485View attachment 33488View attachment 33490View attachment 33483View attachment 33482View attachment 33491

View attachment 38159

View attachment 38160

View attachment 38161

View attachment 38162

View attachment 38163

View attachment 38164

View attachment 38165

View attachment 38166

View attachment 38167

View attachment 38168

View attachment 38169

PIC_4354.jpg

PIC_4356.jpg

PIC_4357.jpg

PIC_4359.jpg

PIC_4360.jpg

PIC_4362.jpg

PIC_4365.jpg

PIC_4368.jpg

PIC_4369.jpg

PIC_4375.jpg

PIC_4378.jpg

N

noble

Hi Rich it looks the dogs mate iam glad you finally got there i like it so iam giving you 5 stars mate well done.

scott

A

andygh

Very nice Rich, is it really your first dio? The only tiny hole I can pick in it is the figures look a bit shiny, other than that it's a magnificent job

5* from me

R

roconnell

\ said:
Very nice Rich, is it really your first dio? The only tiny hole I can pick in it is the figures look a bit shiny, other than that it's a magnificent job5* from me
Thanks for the comments chaps!

Andy I too was pondering about the figures being shiny, might try and remedy.

And as to the question if this is really my first dio? The answer is it certainly is!

Planning my next one now, pondering between some things in my stash.

Cheers

Rich

A

andyrobs

Hi Rich, great dio, a big 5 stars from me to mate!!!!

Cheers, Andrew

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice Rich.

Yet again we see another cracking example of a compact diorama, which goes to show that these things don't have to be big to impress!!

I especially like the tank tracks and the road surface.

Very well done....Big 5 all the way.

Cheers,

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Good job there Richard. I think that the 'simple base' type of display can often be better than a full blown dio. You get the effect of the subject in the field without the distraction from the main subject.

Very well done.

I agree that the figures are a bit on the shiny side. Nowt a quick spray of matt varnish can't cure. If you can get them off to spray them that is.

Lovely finish on the tank.

Ian M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's a cracking piece of work Rich. Nice one! *****

Gern

P

Polux

Really nice, fantastic job you have do it here!

I specially like the road!

Polux

I

It'sAllGoneHorriblyWrong

Very nicely done - can't believe it's your first dio! I've always liked Winsor & Newton Acrylic Matt Varnish for figures; not quite completely matt which can make figures look a bit odd.

Andy

R

rogue-one

real nice richard!! motion of figures, tracks, wires hanging down from pole and the long grass, its all well done mate. top stuff!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice job. Great level of detail, the base keeps drawing me in for a further look.

Colin M.........

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Great dio Rich.

Colin's right the base makes the tank and figures more alive, so much to see.

5 stars no question.

Tony.

R

rogue-one

hi richard. great work! first at it all?? well, looks like your a natural to me. 5 stars

P

pneupack

Hi Rich

Lovely jubbly mate excellent work dioramas sure make a differance when displaying Tanks etc must have a go sometime, on my second Tank at mom Tiger-1 but work etc gets in the way so just have to take my time : ).

:score:

Robert