First Dioramas

B

Broony8023

Im planning to build my first Diorama. I plan to build a Diorama of soldiers patroling though some woodland or possibly a hilliy area. Has anybody got some good advice? Cheers

J

John Huggins

Hi Robert & welcome, what scale are you thinking off ? maybe you could have a unit patroling up a hill & a hidden machine gun nest above them waiting in ambush ???.

Regards

John

J

John Huggins

Hi again Broony, just a thought what about something on the grounds of Hanberger hill, VC on top USMC trying to get up ????.

Not seen a Dio of that yet.

John.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Raising the flag at Iwo Jima. (23/02/45).Now that would be an iconic one to do. OK its probably been done before but you can put your own twist on it.

Ian M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Raising the flag at Iwo Jima. (23/02/45).Now that would be an iconic one to do. OK its probably been done before but you can put your own twist on it.Ian M
I'm 99% sure I've seen a kit containing the figures for that. I'll see if I can find it.

Anyway, whatever diorama you want to do, you could do a lot worse than having a look at some of those on here. Ron (Spanner) is one of our resident masters at dioramas but there are others - many of who have done progress builds showing their techniques.

Gern

B

Broony8023

I like the idea of Hanberger hill john class idea. Need some further avice whats the best way to build trees etc?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Here you go:

Plastic Soldier Review - Esci Iwo-Jima Marines Landing

Gern

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Here you go:Plastic Soldier Review - Esci Iwo-Jima Marines Landing

Gern
1/72 scale :Laughing: I wouldn't be able to see them let alone paint them. I have enough trouble with 1/35 figures.

Ian M

N

noble

Soilders patrolling and come across a burnt out vehicle with one of the soilders checking out the ruin.

scott