First timer.. Sturmpanzer A7V Elfriede.

S

shaunfletcher

General hellos to everyone here. Some lovely models and you seem like a nice bunch so..

I've just returned to real model-making after many years of digital things, and as I had this unusual Tauro kit sitting around for some years and never touched it I thought I would begin with it. It is essentially built as stock, I thought I should not go too mad on my first model. I spent a lot more time on the paintjob however.

I have always had a bit of an interest in WW1 vehicles, and the A7V is certainly unique. I chose to go with an example captured by the French and so having some decent photo reference.

Any comments/suggestions most welcome. Fingers crossed I have linked the images succesfully..

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Shaun and welcome to the forum.

Thats a very nice little tank you have made there. Looks like you have not forgotten much in the years you have been away. Nice one

Ian M

C

CDW

Hi Shaun and welcome,

There's quite a few of us on here that have migrated back from the digital side, so you're not alone :smiling3:

Thats a nice first model, some good attention to detail and the weathering and distressing is nicely done without going overboard.

The markings look very authentic ... did you paint them on? if they're decals then they're very natural looking.

S

shaunfletcher

Thanks for the kind comments all.

The markings are hand painted, as I thought using decals seemed wrong when the originals were painted (not too well) by the field crews for the most part. I had originally planned on the tricolor camo scheme for the tank but decided it was just too messy looking and loud to carry it off with my current skill level.

After 10 years of 3d models its refreshing to hold it in your hand!

C

CDW

\ said:
The markings are hand painted,
Thought so .... i'm impressed mate, they look good, it's sometimes hard to get "hand painted" markings to look like they've been "hand painted".

S

shaunfletcher

It was trying to get them to not look hand-painted by a 5 year old that was tricky ;)

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Shaun and welcome to the forum. Also may i say what great work you have done on the Sturmpanzer