Ford Mustang GT 2005, 1/25, Revell

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
Ford Mustang GT 2005

next thing on the bench..........another car! very unusual for me........3 things of the same genre on the trot, i normally like to mix things up a bit but im in a car mood and this one has been looking at me from the stash shelf for a while, been putting it off cos i dont want to make a bad job of it for certain reasons but its time to stop chickening out

it will probably be red, might wire up the engine if i decide not to go kerbside

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looks like a nice kit Paul.

Si:smiling3:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
engines in

been tinkering with the suspension to try and adjust the dodgy ride height............ive left the rear as it is and shaved a couple of milli's off the chassis where the front sub frame fits which should make the wheels fill the arches a bit and lower the nose

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
interior is red carpet with black seats.............sprayed the whole thing with the red top coat (for the engine bay) then masked and gave the 'carpet' a coat of matt varnish

just had one of those 'AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!' moments

ive got a lovely surface finish of the red on the shell (Ford Venetian Red) and went to give it a clear coat......................%$*&"£$% cat hair on the hood! ...................swear im going to shave that cat bald!

so now ive got to sand it back and recoat in red and hope i done get any mismatch with the body shell..................and if i do it all goes into bf and i shall do it again from scratch

*waits for shaved pussy jokes*

First Name
Jason
Nice job Paul. I like like matt varnish for the carpet, looks very effective.

Better keep the shaved pussy jokes to myself me thinks!!! :smiling3:

Jason

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I've got one of these on a wishlist, I will be watching this one, furry or shaven!

Gotta love the Mustang :D

Lee :smiling3:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
finally got a weeks worth of night shifts out of the way!.....never have much enthusiasm when im on nights, and since i dont want to make mistakes on this one i have left it well alone

the insides is done............the dash isnt 'right'..........should be black with the middle bit a sort of brushed ally colour.....tried 3 times to do it and couldnt make an acceptable job of it so i just went for an overall black with the vents picked out in chrome

body shell has been done in Ford Venitian Red and then had a top clear coat.....next step is to mask off to paint the cowl/window surrounds/few other bits in black. not sure how im going to tackle the panel lines,............normally id use black but i dont think that would look right, would be 'too black' so i might try a darker version of the base colour and see what happens

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
put the shell on the chassis...................and realised ive forgot to do the panel lines! doh!.......still not sure how im going to do them

P

Polux

\ said:
put the shell on the chassis...................and realised ive forgot to do the panel lines! doh!.......still not sure how im going to do them
Lovely work ;)

You can try with a permanent black pencil, important not a 0.5!! Has to be a 0.05!!

I use sometimes and the result is fine :smiling3:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
i plan on using a red enamel wash, i just forgot to do it when i should have lol

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
finished at last

given me some drama in the last 2 weeks

I dipped the 'glass' in Kleer and it didn't work correctly........it pooled at the corners and got an orange peel effect . tried a few things to take the kleer off, ended up buying some ammonia and used it neat, still took a week of soakings.....took the screens out every day and rubbed it tween fingers or with a sponge to get the Kleer to come off. in the end I didn't dare try dipping them again!!

rear screen isn't a great fit either

I wanted to add the twin stripe decals but they were a lousy fit too!....so didn't bother

more pics in the finished thread