Future Projects?

C

Carrie

I have a 1/32 JU88 sitting in my stash and it is a toss up between that or m y Gato submarine i don't know yet.

scott

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
The Ju88 is a beast of a model. But a very nice one at that :smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Carrie,I've made one of the Ju88s and it is a very nice model. The crew area is almost a seperate project in itself! If you do go with it make sure you've cleared plenty of space, you'll need it!

Cheers

Steve

C

Caledonia

\ said:
Thanks Derek some great photos there!Thanks also for the link to the F4J. Now I know who did one I have a better chance of finding one on the right side of the pond! Danish customs are pretty sharp and I WILL get slammed for duties and tax (Including the cost of postage!!!).

Good site Airliners.net, in it!

Ian M

PS the Lightning I have decals for is XR769 - B if you are interrested :smiling:
Ian, Italeri also did a 1/48 F4J at one time as well. XR769 served with No. 5, 11,19 and 74 Sqd. As you say the tail 'B' refers to its time with No. 74, it had an engine fire in April 1988 and crashed off the Humber Estuary, the RAAF pilot ejected safely. Looked through my photo's but don't have one of this particular aircraft, but am pretty certain it would have been bare matal as my B&W photo's posted above. From the line up below you can see that 'B' is missing probably doing a display at some other Battle of Britain Air Display that same day. Cheers Derek

View attachment 25797

Line up Leuchars 1967.jpg

C

Caledonia

\ said:
I've been talking to bikerbart about this already but i try and plan a few builds in advance. This one is starting to take shape. Still need to get some more after market stuff for it before i can start it though. So far i have;1/32 Revell Tornado IDS

Paragon Designs Flaps & Slats

SAC White Metal Undercarriage Set

Reheat Models Tornado Crew Figures

Still waiting for the GR4 conversion from TwoMikes to become available again and also want to get some weapons for it. Goig to have to try and get the Boz Pod too. If i can't i'll scratch build it.

Also this model could be special if i can pull something off. Just waiting for some info to come first before i attempt it.

So what projects have you got planned?
Hi Allyne, have been looking at a review of your kit here Panavia Tornado Online Reference it gets top marks so should be a cracker, hope you are going to do an under construction on it. The boss has forbidden me to do any more 1/32's as there are no more parking spaces in the house, so I am very envious of you. Do you know twomikes also do the wing root gloves for the open and swept positions, probably hard to get. Cheers Derek

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I was reading the radio chatter regarding the fire and subsequent "thowing away" Was very interesting stuff.

Regarding the F4J; Just ordered one from "The shop" And He didnt even post to say he had one!!! I was only there to but some paint for the F-16 project!!!

just got stuffen on flea bay AGAIN on an EE F6 !!! :sad: some daft sod paid well over the odds for it, Oh well there will be others.

Just got to mask off the canopy and I canPrime the Spit Mk I and the first Tiger is on its way to the paint shop!

Ian M