Gatorglue

P

premacy10

Hi all

I am considering getting some Gatorglue from the forum shop , any feedback would be good as I will be sticking painted parts together which using normal glue has the ability to be a disaster.

Also does anybody know how safe it is as i model in the kitchen and have young children.

Regards

Tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Right choice.

Gator grip glue is non-toxic water based PVA type of glue.

Normal hygiene common sense should prevent any mishaps. Non toxic or not, keep it out the way of the little ones.

It will stick painted parts with out problems, but remember you are in effect just glueing the paint together, if the paint lets go, the parts will as well.

Although not an instant grip a la super glue, it grips quite well after a couple of minuets. Any excess can be removed with water before it dries.

I can only recommend it as it is a good one to have in the tool box.

I tend to use CA glue for attaching small painted parts. Mainly due to the instant grab. I have not had real issue with it affecting the paint. Not quite as easy to clean up though!

Any excess that shows is soon hidden by a bit of varnish/clear coat, once the build is finished.

Ian M

First Name
Dave
I've just bought some and find it ok for attaching canopies and photo etch seat belts.Though I don't think it's any better than the Microscale crystal clear that I have been using for the same jobs.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'd second what Ian and Dave said. It does take a while to dry but gives a good bond.

Cheers

Steve

T

tecdes

Antony make sure you do not apply to thickly as it does expand as it dries. It was originally used for timber joints & the expansion quality was to fill the joint in order to get maximum adhesion.

Laurie