german schnellboat

A

adzam

ok doke, i recieved this model in part exchange from a recent transaction, this model has lain dormant for a number of years apparently, needs TLC to get it back ship shape,

pics as follow.....

hull6.gif

http://www.adzam.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/hull8.gif[/img]

hull9.gif

the above pics show the model as it was recieved, some very nice lines to the boat

p6094.gif

A

adzam

just as an update i have started work on this hull, i have sanded down the various layers of paint/ primer on the hull. this has shown some parts of the hull that are needing repair, such is balsa construction. :smiling3:

hull2.gif

hull1.gif

incidentally if any one can give me any reference material on this model , whether it be the original model or some web based or book based info then please post below or pm me

the more info i have the better on this model the better. also propulsion on this model has been changed, orignally it had 3 screws , but as i have heard on ROBBE schnellboat designs, the model becomes very lean to when turning with all screws in operation, so i am looking at the possibility of just using 1 screw with a modified rc car motor running on "possibly" 12 cells. but just a thought just now.

any thoughts on this please post below.

i hope to update this thread on a weekly basis depending on funds and time available. :smiling3:

cheers guys

adz..

V

vita

graupner wiesel (modified)

some pictures of my version of this model kit

also a picture of the full size

View attachment 6843

View attachment 6842

View attachment 6841

View attachment 6840

View attachment 6839

/monthly_2004_04/57272b6ab2ee3_Nov1613.JPG.6c5422c7f5c10078ce54261d3f2a34c8.JPG

/monthly_2004_04/57272b6ab1d05_Nov1612.JPG.f867b6fa027e50fd3e308574e9ce2600.JPG

/monthly_2004_04/57272b6ab0b00_kartal20model202.jpg.9084eadd1999d829a79ee4da0d9b15ac.jpg

/monthly_2004_04/57272b6aaf8c9_Nov1611.JPG.f1bd2c9f2b5cf0a7a62815fbc6b2853a.JPG

/monthly_2004_04/kartal_sinifi_hb.jpg.ff50bc496e29ad36d4aa650bd02be7af.jpg

View attachment 11484

View attachment 11485

View attachment 11486

View attachment 11487

View attachment 11488

View attachment 12134

View attachment 12135

View attachment 12136

View attachment 12137

View attachment 12138

kartal_sinifi_hb.jpg

Nov16#11.JPG

kartal%20model%202.jpg

Nov16#12.JPG

Nov16#13.JPG

A

adzam

many many thanx vita

seems looking at these pics , my one is going to be a variation on a theme in some areas.

thanx for the pics , just what i needed.

adz..

V

vita

yours is actually the one thats accurate to the kit and plan i modified mine quite a bit

phil

N

noobee captain

:respect1: Adamz,

you are a very talented modeller. What size is your fleet?

A

adzam

very kind of you to say so noobee, but i have only been interested in model boats for a couple of years , after building and racing model cars.

the fleet so far consists of......

robbe pt 15 oatrol boat, built from a kit by myself

perkasa 36 " long 1/32 scale torpedoe boat, nearing finnishing from a repaint .

graupner speedboat,nearing finnishing form building

hazel , can be seen on another thread,partial restoration .

the above model boat has been passed onto my brother who has taken a very keen interest in model boats, it`s nearly finnished, pic`s when done

also have....

1/8 scale pocher porsche 993

1/16th tamiya tiger tank

and my newest edition, the MGT monster truck, again pics in another thread.

just realised how understanding my wife is !

N

noobee captain

She must be a very patient person. SWAP?????

I have a USCG Motor Lifeboat which you will see at Richmond.

I am struggling with a graupner "beginners kit". It expects the beginner to be able to solder, work with wood, plastic and perspex as well as have knowledge of RC. The two sheet plan has all the "important" instructions which seem to be a condensed version of an original instruction manual. That and the fact that you need three other accessory kits to get a finished boat.

One day .......

G

George

What you have there is the Graupnor Weisel kit. I built it many years ago when stationed in Germany and then sold it when I returned to this country. Is the main deck lift off area Balsa by any chance? I had three motors in mine, 2 outers running on speed controls and the middle motor on a micro switch for ahead running only. forward 40mm gun rotating linked to the rudders. I have some info here on the full size ship.

George

N

noobee captain

Sounds similar with the deck but this is a police/fireboat. The difference is obviously the firemonitor. This has a single motor which comes as a single unit with motor/shaft/prop in one.

The skill level is meant to be beginner for 7/8yo. Makes me feel like a numpty !!!

A

adzam

george the deck is ply :smiling3:

noobee, stick in there and just take your time , the robbe pt 15 was my first kit, apparently a reasonably easy kit, but i took my time ( 6months) and it turned out better than i imagined. graupner and robbe aren`t best known for there instruction sheets or books.

if you`ve any probs tho post in the forum and we all can help :smiling3:

N

noobee captain

For a "beginner" kit the railings are a tad complex. Cannot even make a jig to hold them all in place. Did my best. You will see it at one of the shows.

B

bogstandard

Adzam

I built the graupner Wiesel about 20 years ago, it was fairly unstable then with 380's on the outside and a 540 in the middle. It was grossly overpowered for scale speed. Remember this hull is designed to slice thru the water, not plane on top of it. I cured it by getting the cg as low as possible, in fact the batteries rested at the very bottom of the hull.

The full size ship has four screws and when I start to build another Wiesel in a couple of months time (I have a complete old kit in storage) I will be fitting it with scale 4 screws and 2 rudders, if I can get enough information on correct positioning of the shafts. Using 4x380 size motors (24volt motors running on 12volts).

Your model is based on the first Zobel class with forward facing torpedo tubes, the fleet was later refitted with rear facing wire guided torpedoes and a very large radome on the superstructure (this is the fit for the graupner kit, which has recently been re-released with a few more vac formings but still with the incorrect drive train).

I would be grateful if anyone has any info on the drive system for the full size ship