Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Trying to start a plan of action.

Please have a look and place your crosses. you may choose more than one reply.

Why two at a time? To try and encourage more to take part. Two very different subjects more choice. Quite a few even manage two builds in the same GB so it could even be you would like to do both!

Should we try a return to the single subject. Remember the First GB ever when we all built a Fw 190. That was a blast.

Is three months to long, or to short.

At the moment there are 25 suggestions on my list but there could be more keep them coming. IN THE ORIGINAL THREAD PLEASE.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
50 Views 13 votes and not a single comment? I'm glad this poll runs for a week!

Ian M

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Ian being new to the GB concept im finding it hard to vote in my opinion i think diversity is the key so with the list to choose from ive gone with keep it the same

A

andygh

For me, keep it the same or run 2 simultaneously, the wider the options the better

I reckon if you go for a single subject you'll get fewer participants, i.e. if it's something I don't like I won't invest the cash or time

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
See feedback, thats what I like.

@Ian, fair comment but if there was a point you would of liked to vote on. you could of mentioned it in a reply. I wouldn't have been offended.

@Andy. The Idea with the single subject was an idea to get it to be a group build. A group of people "working together" on a common subject. The first GB we ever had was like this and went down rather well. Even I joined in and I dont normally do German aircraft. As for not investing time and cash in a group build is always an option. There are several I have skipped as the subject does not grab me.

Ian M

A

andygh

Exactly Ian, it's got to be a payoff between how strictly you want to define the subject & the number of forum members participating

I go for inclusivity every time, more builds = more interaction = good for everyone. Adding arbitrary rules and restrictions must surely mean less interaction between members. Obviously there have to be rules but there should be a point to them surely

Personally I'll have a go at most things, I'm not worried by making a hash of a pile of plastic, just so long as it's not too expensive :music_whistling:

PS. You did ask :emo11:

Status
Not open for further replies.