Gsi Creos Procon boy Platinum 289

Jad

First Name
John
Thinking about ungrading to the Creos 289.
What’s peoples thoughts on this airbrush? Pros and Cons
Seems good value for money?
Any alternative I should be aware of ?
Ty

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I can't speak for the 289 but I have 3 Creos / Mr Hobby 'brushes (270, 275, 290) and I'd highly recommended them. Allegedly made by the same people who make Iwata airbrushes but at a lower price.

Jad

First Name
John
I can't speak for the 289 but I have 3 Creos / Mr Hobby 'brushes (270, 275, 290) and I'd highly recommended them. Allegedly made by the same people who make Iwata airbrushes but at a lower price.
As you use the airbrushes, I’m a bit betwixt. What’s my best option ?
Can’t make my mind up between the ps-270 or ps-289 ?

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
The main difference seems to be the nozzle size and I'd say the 289 is probably better all round for this hobby.

I got the ps-270 when I dipped my toe into airbrush artwork and the 0.2 is great for fine detail with really thin paints, but for general model work with (usually) thicker paints the 0.3 is likely to be a better bet.

Jad

First Name
John
The main difference seems to be the nozzle size and I'd say the 289 is probably better all round for this hobby.

I got the ps-270 when I dipped my toe into airbrush artwork and the 0.2 is great for fine detail with really thin paints, but for general model work with (usually) thicker paints the 0.3 is likely to be a better bet.
Ty

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I have a Procon Boy WA pistol airbrush and I find it excellent. It is my go to airbrush. I also have an Iwata and a H&S which were both much more expensive and yet the Procon Boy is every bit as good. Although you are considering different airbrushes my experience speaks highly of Creos in general.