H&S Ultra problem

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I sed my H&S Ultra A/B yesterday with no problems. I broke it down and put it my ultrasonic cleaner (water plus a couple of squirts of hand soap) and ran it through a couple of 3 minute cycles - then promptly forgot about it so it's been sitting in there all night.

Just reassembled it and it will not spray. I get plenty of air but no paint. I've hand cleaned the nozzle and aircap and still no paint. I thought I'd remove the airseal so I could get a brush through the body. I've got one of those special tools you use, but for some reason the screwdriver blade won't engage with the seal lock nut.

Any suggestions please guys?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Strange Dave, as the actual length of that screw is very short .Have you been able to pass the needle through? If so the seal should be in place or have you inadvertently put it back with out removing the seal screw. As you can't get the screwdriver tool to engage there must be something in the way .
Maybe try from the nozzle end and see if there's any thing blocking it .

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Will it spray paint if you pull the needle by hand (with the rear body removed)?

A couple of times I've found the trigger tricky to seat properly meaning it doesn't do it's job, so can you see the needle actually move when pulling the trigger?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
John - I've had no problems dissembling and re-assembling the A/B. Everything just fits into place as they've always done. I've run a brush through the front of the A/b - from where the paint cup fits through to where it exits into the nozzle. I can see into the body where the seal and locknut fit but can't see any obvious blockage.

Andy - I tried spraying by manually adjusting the needle and I get occasional spurts of spray, but nothing continuous.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I remember having a H&S much in the same manor, that's why I asked about being able to pass the needle through. Have you filled the paint cup with water to see if there are any bubbles ? Thought my problem was when I got the tip and needles mixed up before they had bands on both the nozzle and needle.
My Evolution now sits in the drawer useless . Use the Ultra and a cheap Neo .

Recently I cleaned a tip in some very strong cleaner from Mr Hobby. Couldn't believe the amount of crap that came out . Once cleaned with water before assembly all worked fine .

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
It's showing signs of a blockage in the nozzle if you ask me. I know you've cleaned it but maybe sitting in the US tank has caused a film to settle on it that you can't see.

I'd try John's idea of soaking it in a strong solvent (lacquer / cellulose thinner if you have any)

I'm happy to loan you a needle/nozzle/air cap set to try so you can at least eliminate that if you like.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
It's showing signs of a blockage in the nozzle if you ask me. I know you've cleaned it but maybe sitting in the US tank has caused a film to settle on it that you can't see.

I'd try John's idea of soaking it in a strong solvent (lacquer / cellulose thinner if you have any)

I'm happy to loan you a needle/nozzle/air cap set to try so you can at least eliminate that if you like.

I'll try a soak in cellulose thinners and see what happens.

Andy - Thanks for the offer, but you've just reminded me that when I bought my A/B it was the dual set with both 0.2 and 0.4 nozzles (one of the perks of senility setting in I suppose. You forget even the most basic things!). I'll swap them over and see what happens.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'll try a soak in cellulose thinners and see what happens.

Andy - Thanks for the offer, but you've just reminded me that when I bought my A/B it was the dual set with both 0.2 and 0.4 nozzles (one of the perks of senility setting in I suppose. You forget even the most basic things!). I'll swap them over and see what happens.
That's worth trying Dave.