H&S Ultra Problems

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi All I need some advice. I purchased the above airbrush a while back and seem to have issues with paint travelling up the shaft of the needle. The internal needle seal seems to be very loose and doesn't make a good seal around the needle. I have unscrewed it and when you slide the needle into it there's no way that seal is tight enough. I have an Iwata Revolution and its seal works fine and you can adjust it tightening the screw up so it just grips it and resistance is felt. Is this normal for H&S airbrushes or is it faulty? If this is the case it's crazy because you have to strip the brush down completely as paint gets everywhere.

Reactions: JR

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
There's a PTFE seal around the needle. It can be tightened with a screwdriver from the back of the a/b.
Pete

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I had the same problem. I bought a replacement set of seals (and the seal replacement tool) and have had no problems since. I do find it helps when stripping the brush for cleaning to take the needle out from the front, although I replace it from the back after cleaning.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
I had the same problem. I bought a replacement set of seals (and the seal replacement tool) and have had no problems since. I do find it helps when stripping the brush for cleaning to take the needle out from the front, although I replace it from the back after cleaning.
I also remove it from the front although I then refit the needle from the front , that way there's no chance of damaging the tip.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Thanks for the advice chaps I have ordered a couple of replacement seals.