Happy new year from a noob

First Name
Rich
Hello and a happy new year to all.
I'm Rich and I'm a 46 year old who has decided to have a dabble at some modelling. I did a rossi rep R1 about 15 years ago which went OK but my painting isn't great so that spoiled it a little. I asked my wife to buy me a kit for Christmas and she got me the 1/96 revell Saturn 5 so I've left that until I get a bit more experience and have started on a small titanic kit with paint included. Along with the Saturn 5 I've purchased a Tamiya Mclaren Senna, also to do when I'm much better and I'm looking at doing a few mid level kits like the Revell Porsche 918 to hone my skills and getting the tools I need and an airbrush to take away my terrible brush strokes. I trained as a mechanic when I left school so I'm fairly handy technically but happy to build my skills slowly. Ive been watching many youtube build of the models i want to do which is a bit overwhelming and googleing airbrushing techniques and kit/paint.Look out for lots of silly questions in the future.

Rich

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Welcome to the best modelling forum there is. Very sensible to hone your skills on less demanding kits. Ask any questions you have. Here you are guaranteed polite, helpful answers. I look forward to following whatever you decide to build first.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Welcome to the asylum Rich. Good to have you on board!!

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Welcome Rich. Some knowledgeable folk on here. (Not me I must add). I build slow and usually blog my builds as you tend to get good feedback. I usually do a warts and all thread, which I find is good as the feedback on how to get out of trouble has been invaluable.
Dive in and ask away, what may appear a daft question may be something we have all wondered about. Also, lots of good tips and such in the forums, or look using the 'search' function. Look forward to seeing what you build.
Doug

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Helloooooooo, from across the Pond!! Welcome to the Crazy house! No question will go unanswered, so feel free to ask anything, anytime. Don't forget to have Fun along the way......'at's what it's all about!

Rick