Harder & Steenbeck airbrush videos

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I know there are a ton of airbrushing guides and videos out there but I have to recommend the recent series by Warwick of H&S.

He goes through so many of the basics, busting myths and giving simple advice that can benefit the beginner or even more advanced user.

Ultimately he's trying to convert more painters over to airbrushing, particularly miniature painters by the looks of it, as it's good for business. They've even redesigned the Ultra especially for beginners, but he does so by clearing away some of the mistery behind airbrushing, showing simple ways to avoid or fix common issues, and explaining why & how they can happen, which I think is very useful for many of us.

Worth a look if you have some spare time I feel.

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Thanks for that Andy :thumb2:

I use H&S airbrushes but am going to watch and see if I could be using them any better ;)

Geoff.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I don't use my H&S that much but a lot of it is good general advice for all brands.

The one explaining blockages is particularly useful.

He's very much a "keep it simple" guy, which is how it should be. Much advice I see online seems to over complicate the whole experience,putting people off.

AlexBB

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Hi Andy,
I absolutely agree with your comments, I have watched his / their videos on the H&S Channel from the recent re-start about 11 months ago and have to say I think they are excellent... Some proper Myth Busters direct from the 'Horses Mouth' so to speak.....

There are some truly terrible 'Airbrush Guide' videos out there on YouTube and it is great to see a series direct from a manufacturer that is not 100% manufacturer specific and gives both general and model specific airbrush advice and guidance.

Clearly it is there to form part of their marketing / sales platform BUT it is not done in an 'overt' "Buy Our Stuff" format and is great for both newcomers to airbrushing and those who are longer in the tooth as I feel there is something for everyone.

Especially many of the 'Myth Busters' that Warrick imparts.

There are some YouTube "Influencers" who have posted some absolutely trash videos about cleaning airbrushes, and one in particular I recall from a guy who literally dumps a bunch of airbrushes complete and with no strip down directly into a bath of 'Pine Sol' (apparently an American brand of some type of general kitchen / household cleaner) and then proceeds to poke around into every orifice with one of those cheap Chinese no brand nozzle picks that in the video he gives a weird name! and it even has a bent tip!!
I have no idea if Pine Sol is good or bad from a detailed chemical perspective and if it may or may not damage air valve parts or other items or not, but to me its very poor from a guy who has over 38,000 subs and supposed to know what he is doing!
As a retired engineer who worked on all types of spray equipment from operation through to maintenance and design over the years its like watching some type engineering 'Hammer Horror Movie' ! lol....

I would 100% recommend the new H&S vids to new and old....

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Well, having bought a H&S Ultra 2024 I decided to give it a go today. I watched a few of their videos and off I went.
I think what impressed me most of all was the turn round time between applications of paint. I followed the guideline on the Vid and superb. A few sheets of paper with no apparent bleeding of colours from changing colours.
When I finished I gave it a flush with airbrush cleaner, cleaned the needle end with a dry brush and wiped the cup out!! Job done! To appease myself, I removed the needle to check for any paint - None!!
I did notice the guy in the video was using paint thinner rather than water to thin his paint which I have ordered. Previously used water in my previous AB and got moderate results so I am hoping thinners will add another dimension. We'll see.

I have had the H&S Ultra apart totally and it is nice robust device that is so simple to reassemble and best of all - no tools!!!