Hasegawa 1/32 Fw 190 A-8

B

BigZimmo

Hi Guys!!!

This is my new "Butcher Bird" in 1/32 scale. It's a Fw 190 A8, flown by Lt. Hans Dortenmann, JG 54, France in June 1944.

This Hasegawa kit is very nicely detailed, but the assembly prepares some problems.

The fit of the inner side of the wing roots to the fuselage is very bad. So I had to rework intensively.

Putty and sandpaper are generously used.

Another funny goof is the fuselage band. Dortenmann's 190 had a blue fuselage band.

It's also shown on the box cover artwork. But the relevant decal is printed in black.

Also the construction manual shows the fuselage band in black. I had to smile a little.

So the fuselage band is painted in blue.... :D

For the painting I used Gunze colors.The camouflage scheme I applied freehand with the airbrush.

This time the weathering was more restrained. I used diluted oil paint and different pastels.

Have a nice Sunday....

Stefan:smiling3:

Fw 190 A-8.jpg

Fw 190 A-8 (1).jpg

Fw 190 A-8 (2).jpg

Fw 190 A-8 (3).jpg

Fw 190 A-8 (4).jpg

Fw 190 A-8 (5).jpg

Fw 190 A-8 (6).jpg

Fw 190 A-8 (7).jpg

Fw 190 A-8 (8).jpg

Fw 190 A-8 (9).jpg

Fw 190 A-8 (10).jpg

D

dubster72

That's excellent Stefan! Very clean paintwork & with your clever setting, it looks real!

Mind you, your report of such a poor fit from one of the biggest aircraft model manufacturers makes me glad to stick with armour!

Cheers Patrick

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Love it Stefan

M

mobear

a 5* build all day long,the weathering is so sweet,my daughter asked¬is that real?` so thats job complete

First Name
Gregg
I think it has all been said above, excellent:smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Superb build Stefan , the paint job and weathering are perfect. The photos are excellent too , great use of the background and natural light , I love it , cheers tony

P

Polux

Fantastic build ;)

The general paint work is simply great.

Excellent model!

Polux

S

Stevekir

As has been said, the setting is clever. I have tried and failed to put the cut out image of a plane superimposed against a photo of an airfield. I could never get it convincing. It looked stuck on, as though it didn't belong there. Cutting out the plane is not difficult with photo software, but there are so many things to get right like angle of light, type of light, angle of sight of the camera and that of the camera which took the photo of the airfield, painting a convincing shadow on the airfield, etc. etc.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Super build and a great paint job.

Still live by the golf course I see. :smiling: A great back drop.

Ian M

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
fantastic build Stefan, great paint and weathering, top build for me

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wonderful build Stefan, and nicely represented in those photos.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That's a great finish on the 190. The paint work, weathering and general finish is truly excellent. This is another kit I have waiting in the wings and I thank you for the information regarding the wing root fit.

Great build for sure

Cheers

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
A great build and fantastic paint work Stefan.

B

BigZimmo

\ said:
a 5* build all day long,the weathering is so sweet,my daughter asked¬is that real?` so thats job complete
Thanks, Mobear.......There's no more bigger commendation. I'm pleased. :smiling3: