Help with wheels

M

marley79

hi i was wondering if anyone could help,

does anyone have any tips on how to get the wheels onto the model.

I broke the suspension on an f1 model and have been terrified that i will do it again (it took an hour to put the wheels on my latest model and they look rubbish). i love building the models but when i know the wheels are coming up i put it off cause i dont want to waste all the time and effort i have put in (you should see the state of the f1 rear suspension)

any help would be greatly appreciated.

First Name
James
well what is your process and mabye we can tell you what you are doing wrong. what glue are you using? what point are you putting them on (fully painted, rims on the chassis but no rubber) we need to know what you are doing in order tell tell you what you are missing to have a sucsessfull build. everyone has their way of doing things and one way may not suit the other persons likes. pictures tell a thousand words as well.

M

marley79

im going by the instructions so im painting them building them up with the rubber on then putting them on the model, its just the amount of pressure you need to snap them on, im new to the world of model building which is why im following the instructions by the letter.

im using revell liquid glue.

i will try to post some pics when i can work out how to.

First Name
James
well for a quick sugestion snap the spindle into the wheel then glue the spindle on the dry fit suspention, if possibe. it may be a bit hind sight now. the other is, the snap is for the wheel to be able to spin correct? are you intending to rool your delicate model arround ? just sand the snap catch off the spindle and glue your wheel on. as for the pics re size image to 640 by 480 if you dont have a program that dose that infranview is a good tool free down load. then attach resized image click upload then when complete close window.

Last edited by a moderator: