Hey everyone! My models

S

Stefan290790

Hey everyone! How are we all? A while ago I posted photos of my terrain that I had made for the Female Tank that I will be also making. Unfortunatly because of university and my studies, I could not do my modelling until I have finished (I have not also played any computer games too!). My last exam is on the 11th of November and I have been planning for months for my models and can't wait!! :D . Over the past 2 months I have been buying accessories and even more kits! Now I do not need to buy a kit for ages since I've stocked up. Below are some photos of the kits I will be building and will be posting photos up here on the forums as I progress through each of them.

The Vietnam Soldiers kit in the photo I have been working on for a while and have made a little terrain piece for them. I did a paper mache for the ground then out of foam (from a computer box, can't remmeber the proper name of the stuff) made small blocks to represent big stones for a stone wall (thanks to miniwargaming.com for that tip!). Then painted the entire surface black and the stones a grey colour and added some white pastel for a weathering worn down effect. I am planning to add a soil colour (still deciding on the colour I will use), some static grasses then the troops and probably a sign from the Vietnam war (thanks to the thread on here!). Since I am new to weathering I tried my own on the soldiers but failed. I tried to make a shadow effect but now that I have learned other techniques which i will try to use I will paint over my mistake and adopt those new techniques!

First I will finish the Vietnam soldiers then will proceed to make both the female and male tanks for the larger terrain piece (in which I will experiment with the PVA glue, water and spray bottle I had bought to act as the Woodland Scenic product where you apply it to static grass so it sticks down which i hope works!!!), then I will experiment with the small British Infantry on my terrain piece or even make a huge battle with them, then the Aston Martin and the one I'm most excited about the One Small Step For Man... Oh yes and also the big pack of U.S. Troops!

Will be posting up photos once I continue my work, thanks for looking!! :D

View attachment 27507

View attachment 27508

View attachment 27509

View attachment 27510

Photo0118.jpg

Photo0116.jpg

Photo0113.jpg

Photo0119.jpg

Last edited:
F

Ferrets Bueller

Nice one Stefan, look forward to seeing your work, hope the time between now and the 11th november doesnt drag too long for you.

B

Bunkerbarge

Good to see your plans are in place. I just have a pile of boxes with no real intentions of what on earth I'm going to do next!! I usually end up with thinking that I should finish off all the half done stuff I have lying around.

L

Lady_Phoenix

Im gonna ask a daft question, but my tank knowledge is less than poor.

Whats a Female Tank and a Male Tank. Did they have equal opportunities in the 1910`s? Perhaps its a cheap and easy way of expanding your army, just leave two tanks in a field to do their stuff, and in the morning you will have 5 mini tanks? Sorry, shall I get my coat too?

But seriously, whats a male tank and whats a female tank?

F

Fenlander

It was first World War terminology Penelope. Basically a tank armed with a main gun or cannon was a 'Male' and if it was armed with just machine guns it was called a 'Female'. I don't even want to think what the reasoning was.....

S

Stefan290790

Apparently the Female Tank was an upgrade from the Male tank because the Male could only fire forwards and to it's side with its mounted side guns whereas the female had more flexibility with its guns due to there being two mounted on each side (so can fire forward, back and side).

Last edited:
J

john22

iv made the aston a few mounths bk its a nice little model looks good finished ...have fun .youve got plenty 2 keep you bizy.....john

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Maybe a female tank can multi task ??