Hi from East of Stockport

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Welcome Ian, like the General Lee coming through the wall. You'll fit in here well :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
John, you'll like his last build on the list of pictures. Very interesting dios Ian, I'm also slowly moving towards those compositions starting with my Ambush dio.

Cheers,
Wabble

Reactions: JR

IanW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks for all the welcomes.

warm welcome from me too Ian. As a fellow Stroke sufferer I know where you are coming from re loss of dexterity. I have regained some, but not all, mainly through extensive physio and sheer bloody mindedness.
John.
I have not tried any kit-bashing since the stroke, but have been spending quite a lot of time at the workbench trying to continue building my shed. I think it has helped me get more flexibility in the fingers of my left hand, but I have found that I need to split the work up into shortish periods of bench interspersed with a quick kip on the bed, otherwise my left arm tries to declare UDI from the rest of my body.

I have managed to complete the shed frame, including a detachable roof structure and am now trying to replicate the sun-bleached 'waney-edged' cladding like that on the barn in the 'Repair Shop' tv series.

IanW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Welcome Ian, like the General Lee coming through the wall. You'll fit in here well :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Thanks, glad you like it - it seemed to get quite a lot of comments from visitors when displayed on the AMSIG table at model shows. Seemed like a suitable use for a 2nd-hand part built kit from a charity shop.