HobbyBoss Focke Wulf TA 152

Easyrider5258

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Only my 2nd build in the last 40 years, still learning, my airbrush is to big a nozzle for fine detail (Iwata Neo 3.5 nozzle) its great for getting lots of paint on, have obtained a 2nd smaller nozzle airbrush (Harder & Steenbeck size 2 nozzle) dabbing on the mottled camo dont work for me, taken more pics than last time, kit built up ok, decals difficult, tended to disintegrate, had to paint on red/yellow bands in the end. Amma hobby Hurricane 1/48th Mark IIc next, thinking I will do the all black one

FW TA152.4 by Mark Handley, on Flickr

FW TA152.3 by Mark Handley, on Flickr

Fw TA152.2 by Mark Handley, on Flickr

Fw TA152 . 1 by Mark Handley, on Flickr

Last edited:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Mottling without using an airbrush can be very time consuming - I have used tiny little irregular pieces of sponge, held in tweezers, dipped in well diluted paint - then blotted on paper until almost dry - then touched gently to the model ( not dragged, just touched ) - change the sponge occasionally to get a different shaped mottle - Repeat - Repeat. Leave overnight, look at your efforts in daylight, and continue....................
Finally seal all in with varnish - it can take quite a while, and you always have the nagging doubt of " too much?", or " too little?"
Dave

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Very well done indeed for only your second kit in 40 years!

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well done Mark. Another method I have used for this type of camouflage is to make a small template. Use some plasticard and cut out some small random shapes. Then hold the template up to the model and spray through it. Try it on some scrap paper before you go to the model and see if you get the effect you are after.