Humbrol 237 & 250

T

tecdes

Need a conversion as near to Vallejo.

Most conversion charts do not list the colours. Any that do do not list am alternative. All strange.

Any member who can convert me will get a big thanks.

Thanks.

Laurie

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hmm Desert sand and desert tan.... What are you up to?

You dont happen to have an FS number on them? My best guess would be Model color # 819 'Iraqui sand and 986 'deck tan' . Dont let the names fool you, I think Vallejo just pull a name out of a hat at times.

Ian M

T

tecdes

Hi Ian. Should have said. I am up to lots of things but in this instance a Landrover Afganistan. The 237 is the main body colour. Should have mentioned this as this opens it up to those who have contructed one.

The Humbrol 250 I have found. Thanks for your reminder about FS numbers. Forgotten that they give numerous of their colours stating the FS number. The 250 Humbrol coincides FS number wise with Vallejo Model Air 71.112 USA Areana Sand which is a relativley new colour in the Vallejo range.

237 the main colour I have not tracted down any where. It is not even on the Humbrol wall chart. But it is available in acrylic pots. So I will buy one & match up in Vallejo.

Thanks Ian.

Laurie

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I have just finished a Snatch Land Rover and used Vallejo 71.028 Sand Yellow with quite pleasing results. I know you have seen my thread but here's a link - http://www.scale-models.co.uk/trucks-lorries-vans-cars/17591-snatch-land-rover-1-48-airfix.html

Which one are you doing?

T

tecdes

Thanks Rick. Yes I did see & like very much your Landrover.

It had not stuck that you had mentioned the paint used.

What era Landrover & theatre is yours in. Also the manufacturer of the model.

Mine is a duo WM1K & A Snatch type. This is in Afganistan rig. First venture into anything other than Military aircraft. Interesting as I want to do a grouping.

Think this 237 must be a new Humbrol.

Laurie

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Mine is the Airfix 1/48 Snatch from the duo kit with the WMIK for Afghanistan straight from the box build but with custom weathering. I didn't fancy the WMIK version. I wanted to use the build for hand skills practice and play around with new types of paint (other than enamels) and weathering products. Because I didn't want to use enamels I didn't pay any attention to the suggested paints but referred to photo's and sought the advice of my local model supply shop manager.

T

tecdes

Yes that is the set I am having a go at Rick. I am the other way around the WMIK attracted me. But will have a go at both.

I am not a pedant in respect of paint colours as long as they are reasonably close.

We had a Lynx Fleet Air Helicopter land on the grassed area in front of our flats. Although ship shape etc & you could see well maintained (Wife thought it was decrepit) you could see where panels had been painted I suppose where they had been taken off & replaced during servicing. To put that on a model would I think looked over cooked. But it brings you to your senses about exact colours when you see close to the real job & how colours have faded normally in the weather.

Laurie