I know the Falklands GB is off but an idea if I may?

M

m1ks

I was thinking on this one today and on the fact i'd not have bothered with the Falklands build, (unless I did the Harrier in my stash I suppose), as i'm more of a WWII warplane fan.

(The Harrier is for a friend).

As the last few have been military related and most of us build a variety of favourite military items how about making a GB based around something that few of us build with any regularity, Cars

But they must be civilian cars, not military, other than that it could be quite open, an F1 car, Rally car, Touring car, Car based on a movie, (Herbie VW beetle?), or just 'I used to have one of these or i've always wanted a......

Thoughts?

B

Bunkerbarge

I think poor Graham has enough suggestions to completely blow his mind now!! Read his thread here for what you can do with your suggestion:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/group-build-chat/10673-autumn-winter-gb.html

F

Fenlander

Sounds a bit rude Richard telling Mike what he can do with his suggestions :laughing:

I have added Civilian Transport to the ideas Mike, if you have any more just drop me a PM and I will add them in, like the idea by the way. Give me a real excuse to get the Samba Bus that Revell do..... (like I need excuses to buy kits)

M

m1ks

I just think it'd be nice and bit different, also a small step outside the comfort zone of matte paint and wartime weathering and if used as a GB it's a great way to encourage branching out and trying something you normally wouldn't.

I've personally not built a car in years, (at least 15), though I plan to do so soon as I have an idea for one in particular but one thing of the GB I think is useful is with everyone building around the same theme theres bags of 'same interest assistance' during the build.

Another one occurred to me being Figures of a non military nature, there are stack sof resin kits out there of movie icons, Human, Humanoid and mechanoid then theres the Gundam stuff and Anime, none of which would typically interest me and i've never done one but i'd be willing to have a go for the learning curve.

So there you go, my two ideas for up and coming GB's, are Civilian cars / vans / buses, (Four wheeled vehicles if you like), (can include, racing, and / or dio's, any age vehicle, customs, OOB or personalised or just that favourite car you had / never had

Figures, again non military and the range is immense.

S

Spyderman_uk

As the original thread has been closed I hope I can add my thoughts!

I love the idea of the GB being "At rest" as it gives scope for a vast variety of scenes. However I also appreciate the counter points about it not really being a group build with a common theme.

How about adding a sub-theme such as a time period, a global region, Military or Civilian, etc. This would hopefully satisfy both camps.

As an example; "At Rest, Modern" could be anything say within the last ten years, military or civilian.

"At Rest, Desert" could cover any period and be military or not.

And so on............

There is still plenty of room for a great deal of variety within any subset!

F

Fenlander

Cheers Terry, ideas now added to the ever growing pot and there are some great ideas coming up.