Ian M's Actros MP4 Giga Space. Italeri 1/24

De.Mort

SMF Supporter
First Name
Iain
I am in awe ! .. excellent work , it looks great and i've just learnt how to support parts better .. nice one :smiling2:

The downside of posts like this .. it makes me realise how far behind i am .. but i'm enjoying it and learning .. so one day .... !

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Great work Ian. The main problem I'm finding is what order to paint stuff. My inner cab is complete and I'm building it buttoned up so it's easier to display, now I'm working on the external panels which are nearly ready to assemble around the inner box. Nothing like a challenge.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks Ian. Reason I asked was I prefer grey as a primer but I've not been happy with the Vallejo grey primer. Thanks again. :thumb2:
Is it the primer or the colour? I use that as well. Sometimes a bottle is very light grey. Others darker... If it is to light i just give it a squirt of black primer and shake the life out of it.
Oh and its STYNYLREZ by the way. It sands back better than Vallejo as well.

Great work Ian. The main problem I'm finding is what order to paint stuff. My inner cab is complete and I'm building it buttoned up so it's easier to display, now I'm working on the external panels which are nearly ready to assemble around the inner box. Nothing like a challenge.
Yes these trucks do present a whole new class of issues. Military trucks the biggest issue is was the inside the same colour as the out side. lol
Never experienced a double skinned cab befor. I was please the fit was good. Very good in fact...
An enjoyable challenge. Well, for me at least.
Peter has a lot to answer for! I now have two other cabs in the stash, one of which is for converting to a T series cab... Saw the conversion set in a web shop someone posted a ink to..... Cheers Mick! lol Waiting for a reply from them as to what I need to do a full 6x4 with a T cab. doner is a Scania R670. 4x6 so I will also need some extra wheels, an axel, suspension..... Jeesssss.

I am in awe ! .. excellent work , it looks great and i've just learnt how to support parts better .. nice one :smiling2:

The downside of posts like this .. it makes me realise how far behind i am .. but i'm enjoying it and learning .. so one day .... !
Yes mate you get creative with the cocktail sticks after a while.
The thick sticks are Bamboo meat skuers I found an electronic shop that had small croc clips worked out at about a fiver for 50 and a meter of shrink tube.
The others are kebab or BBQ pins also bamboo. the flat 'handle' bit it great, a blob og WHITE TAC and gently press the part onto it. Be aware In warm weather the white tac can get soft and parts sag or if heavy enough fall off. (you have been warned lol)
White tac is better than the blue tac though as it leaves NO residue.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Kinda late in on this beauty Boss!!! Sorry about that. You seem to have everything well under control and the primer looks great. I can't wait to see some color on her. Oh, and one can never have enough sticks to hold the parts while drying. Keep on truckin' Ian!!!...

On another note, maybe it's time to trim the growth outside your window too???...

Prost
Allen

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
On another note, maybe it's time to trim the growth outside your window too???...
I will have you know ghat is the trimmed version. It has even very warm lots or rain and sun. I treated the whole of the gravel yard and ten days later... green again.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well as Andy said the finishing of these trucks kind of creep up on you, then BAMB! Your done.

Thanks for those that looked in and those that commented.
Build another one.... I have a couple in the stash and a pile of conversion bits on the way from that web shop Mick posted a link to.... Dont go there. its toooooo tempting. lol