Ian M's Mitsubishi F1M2 zero, Pete 1/48 Hasegawa. (Andy's Japanese Aircraft GB)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well here is my first effort entry for Andy's Japanese Aircraft GB Thank you for creating it. Also thanks to all those that looked in on the build and or commented. Much appreciated.
About the kit. One of Hasegawa's older jobs that gets put out at regular intervals. I was thinking for a while it would be fun to build one and display next to my Yamato, when I get round to build it that is. The GB came up, the kit appeared in the shops again. No contest. lol
Not a bad kit at all BUT it would be nice if Hasegawa included plastic versions in the kit for the PE replacements which are now as rare as chickens teeth! Detail is OK even if the cockpit is basic. Not that you can see much in there once buttoned up.
Paints where AK real colour: purchased for two reasons. first they had the colours I needed in stock, (My first choice Vallejo was out of stock). They are OK I guess. Once you get used to how they work/mix/thin.
"ENOUGH ALREADY!". I hear from all corners of the interweb, "Show us the darn model"
20230714_120244.jpg
I must confess I like the green. I have a car much the same colour once but metallic. Lol That was a Mitsubishi as well.
20230714_120302.jpg20230714_120314.jpg
Want to do when the yellow wing edge decals break up? make it a feature. :smiling3:

20230714_120415.jpg20230714_120446.jpg20230714_120450.jpg20230714_120600.jpg20230714_120644.jpg

Andy, you said it looked big.... LOL it is the smallest of them all. Here parked up next to the shagbat! And it was here I realised that I have forgotten the antennae wires.
I'll post a pic or two when they are added.

Comments most welcome.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
You've made a great job of that Ian. The trolley is an effective way to display it.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Blimey that's good:astonished:,
The dark green is nice,as you say,and I love the way it feathers into the lighter colour :cool:,
You could've said nothing about the yellow decal breaking up,and claimed it as an inspired piece of modelling!!;):tears-of-joy:.
All in all that's one impressive plane,and thanks for joining in on the GB with it.:thumb2:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well I've never met Pete before, but I'm glad I have now. I did think the broken yellow was an inspired bit of weathering. A tip top result.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice, Ian. The finish is excellent.
John.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Very nicely done Ian.

An unusual and quirky subject too, I like it a lot.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I've never met Pete before, but I'm glad I have now. I did think the broken yellow was an inspired bit of weathering. A tip top result.
The broken decal is only a tiny bit, but it was easier to touch in with the green than it was to try match that yellow! Glad you like it.
Very nice, Ian. The finish is excellent.
John.
Thank you
Very nicely done Ian.

An unusual and quirky subject too, I like it a lot.
Cheers. It is quite a good looker.
Outstanding work Ian, one to be very proud of.
Thanks
Ian,
That's a very nice looking build.
Not vat is it
Smashing job Ian, very impressive :thumb2:

Geoff.
Thank you.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ian

That's really turned out very nicely indeed. A great finish of a plane in not sure I've ever heard of...... Certainly not seen modelled anyway!

Very well done.

Andrew

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ian

That's really turned out very nicely indeed. A great finish of a plane in not sure I've ever heard of...... Certainly not seen modelled anyway!

Very well done.

Andrew
Thank you Andrew.

I totally forgot to mention that the serial on the tail is for one of the aircraft on Yamato 1944-45.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The Committee all agree that this is an outstanding build and photos deserve
download THE DOGS.jpg
Very nice Ian. Congratulations .