Instant Spray booth.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Speaking to Nigel the other evening about air brushing in a domestic environment,he has this great idea of using a domestic cooker hood with replaceable filters,what a brilliant tip,something that I will certainly be looking into for the future.

N

Nigel.D

the thing is if you havent an outside vent use two layers of carbon filter !!! works a treat

P

Plasmahal

Hi there,

I'm new here and a born again modeller. I'm getting into modelling again after a few years and i'm mainly interested in Sci-fi subjects but all the principles are the same.

I recently built a spray booth at home in the utility room which works very well. I still use a mask due to some vapours being present but it gives me all year round spraying ability.

If you go to my website i recently made, the spray booth is on the main page under recent news.

http://www.plasmahal.scifimodels.org.uk

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Toby,that looks like a neat little set up that you have there,tell us how you went about building it and what you used for the extractor etc.

B

Bunkerbarge

Hi Plasmahal,

Welcome to the Scale model forum and thanks for the link. Your booth looks very interesting and may well provide some ideas and incentives to other forum members.

I hope that you find the forum usefull and informative and a good source of guidance for your future projects.

T

Tibs

Hi Guys

I'm new here and been loitering about picking up tips etc, was wondering about making a spray booth and found an excellant article from another modeller from another site, but such a good idea, will be making one myself very soon I feel.

The article is Homemade Spray Booth, By Paul Adamson

#

Hope I'm not breaking any rules but just wanted to pass on someones good idea

T

tag

Do not spray in the kitchen under the extractors as even on full speed paint still settles on the inside of the hood and if like me and your using a bright colour its very very noticeable and defiantly not appreciated

Yep I did it honestly