Iranian Airbus

First Name
Mike
Airfix 1/144 A310 Airbus, one of only two airliners I've built. Not an easy kit: lots of sink marks, flash, warped parts and even a couple of missing bits, so it was a bit of a struggle. Decals are home made, including the windscreen, doors and windows, and I did some simple rescribing. Here's a photo of a real one:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Iran-Air/Airbus-A310-304/2397762/L/&sid=a778ea362a0b02ac13a26b06e7536460

W

Willi262

I immediately thought of Iran air flt 655, shot down over the gulf of hormuz on sunday, july 3, 1988, by the Uss Vincennes. In a case of mistaken identity.

But that jet was an A300, not an A310...

Still looks great though!

P

Polux

Mec, Mec!!! Out of my way!!

Here comes Mike with another MASTER piece ;)

Genial!

Polux

First Name
Dave
This is very nice.Great attention to detail.You have even done the scuff plates on the fuselage at the bottom of the doors.Very impressive.

Z

Ziper_it

Another top build.

Now looking for a WIP to learn something.

Francesco

B

backonthecase

That's insanely good! And I am glad there is someone who doesnt go mad with the gloss on civvy stuff, that's a brilliant muted finish.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful job Mike , the white scheme really suits the Airbus. Great to see some more civilian airliners too , cheers tony

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
You know Mike, how do you it? I mean at 1/144 scale and with a finish that looks so flawless and crisp! Remarkable, another masterpiece from the master.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Mike
Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

\ said:
You know Mike, how do you it? I mean at 1/144 scale and with a finish that looks so flawless and crisp! Remarkable, another masterpiece from the master.Si:smiling3:
\ said:
Another top build.Now looking for a WIP to learn something.

Francesco
I'm almost reticent about posting this as I'm not one for flagrant self-promotion, but... ;) If you do want to read a bit more about the build, the Airbus and several others of the Airfix kits I've posted recently are included as full-build chapters in a couple of books I've written for SAM Publications:-

http://www.sampublications.com/airfix-build-convert-series/build-convert-circuits-bumps-airfix-aircraft-models-part-2/prod_397.html

http://www.sampublications.com/airfix-build-convert-series/airfix-build-convert-beyond-the-box-part-4/prod_411.html

I hope the mods don't mind me posting this, and by all means remove it if you do. (If it helps, I was paid a flat fee for the books so I'm not making any money from sales)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
First off. What a great build. How you get that finish is beyond me. Fantastic.

I have no issue with the links to the books. Nice one.

Ian M

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Beautifully done Mike. Unique markings too, I struggle to remember seeing another airliner model in Iran colours.