Iraq dio in the making :- called Backing up special forces

R

Richy C

Hi gents , although this dio is still in the planning stages the armour and figure kits pretty much tell the story that I hope to do justice , the gated wall and dead insurgents will be the focal point as will the 4 special forces figures the rest will be built around them , as you can see the story will be a backing up the special forces after a contact and securing the area,

Hope you approve guys , will be starting it very soon and might even do a mini blogg

Richy

View attachment 19378View attachment 19376View attachment 19377View attachment 19379View attachment 19380View attachment 19382View attachment 19381

View attachment 26741

View attachment 26742

View attachment 26743

View attachment 26744

View attachment 26745

View attachment 26746

View attachment 26747

IMG_4585.jpg

IMG_4588.jpg

IMG_4572.jpg

IMG_4587.jpg

IMG_4575.jpg

IMG_4580.jpg

IMG_4581.jpg

F

Fenlander

Good grief Rich, you have only just finished the Sherman. For God's sake man, have a cup of tea before you start these!!!!!!

I certainly approve, a very interesting and topical diorama. You just have to do it as a full blog Rich. I know that building, painting, photographing and writing at each appropriate stage can be a bind but it is a real pleasure to do once you get into it. I will certainly subscribe to it, not much modern stuff around so this will be quite refreshing.

R

Richy C

Hi Graham , a full blogg might be a bit long winded TBH mate , if there is any interest I am happy to do a small blogg ie- the M113 APC and a few of the dragon and masterbox figures and a few of the verlinden resin figures just to compare, but would and happy to do a full blogg on the dio base and ceramic and resin wall and other bits planned , which should be a laugh as a lot of it would be trial and error LOL

What do ya reckon mate

Richy

F

Fenlander

You are booked for whatever you want to do Richy, blog as much or as little as you like. Just go for it and see how it goes. just out of interest, what is made from ceramic on the wall kit????

R

Richy C

Just had a look in the box Graham ( only got it this morning ) nice bit of resin for the doors and above the walls the rest looks like plaster to me , very nice moulded plaster mind you as it should be from verlinden , ceramic must be an american word for plaster ? , on a serious note I can only think its made of a very hard form of plaster or clay formula , being an ex tiler there are many ceramic tiles out there most people only look at the face which is glazed but the back of the tile differs big time and is normaly made from a form of clay which is maybe why verlinden call it ceramic , I may be a million miles away but thats my theory and I`m sticking with it , anyway it looks a nice bit of kit unfortunately it may not look so nice after I`ve finnished with it LOL

Richy

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
This is going to be a nice build Richy, i have them figures mate (MB Iraq Kit 1). Very nice figures too, i also have the Trumpeter Modern U.S. Army Armor Crewman & Infantry too. Now they are nice, the camo is on one big decal. We must be on the same wavelength, after i've finished the T-34 i'm building some Humvee's in a "Generation Kill" dio, i even have a Rolling Stone figure.

Anyway i'll shut up and let you get on with it mate, i look forward to the updates.

Have fun, John

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Oh ! Looking forwards to this one.

Odd really we all sit here building tanks, plans and what not from WWII and there is actually very little contempery armour etc, etc. being shown.

Great plan Richy.

Ian M