Mossy Night Intercepter

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well the build thread sort of fizzled out, and time was getting eaten away by the new driveway, but I got it sort of done. Not weathered it yet but maybe later it will get a bit of exhaust soot, and the like.

Must say I am not 100% happy with it. The canopy suffered rather a lot under the repeated masking cock-ups and it shows!

This was also the first time I had used Xtracrylixs... Jury is still out on that one.

Enough waffle:

View attachment 24037

View attachment 24038

View attachment 24039

View attachment 24040

03062010522.jpg

03062010521.jpg

03062010518.jpg

03062010519.jpg

F

Fenlander

Looks pretty good to me Ian. Nice painting on the camo scheme. Canopy doesn't look bad to me, don't forget that we see other peoples models on here in much harsher close up than what we would seeing it on a table top. Nice one mate.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
It's a Mosquito, therefore, it's brilliant...........But seriously, it does look really good. Don't be dissapointed, you have produced a very fine looking model.

Colin M.......

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Ian,

You shouldn't be so harsh on yourself. That's a fine build and you should be proud of it even if, in your eyes, it's not perfect.

We're all looking to produce perfect models. I wonder how many of us achieve that goal?

Gern

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Does any one know if you can still get the conversion set to build a Navy Mossy. What was it TS-33?

Thanks for the comments guys. Looking at it on the table IS a lot kinder than blown up 5X on the screen. So OK its not that bad.

Ian M

C

Caledonia

Ian, you've picked one of my favourite WW2 aircraft, I'm usually a jet man, but am tempted to try a mossy in the near future having seen your excellent model. Cheers Derek

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Cheers Derek. I'm not into jets much, but I must say you latest was an eye opener. Who knows, I might give one of those parafin burners a go too one day. Quite fancy a lighting but knowing me I'll end up going for a meteor or the like....

Ian M

N

noble

Ian i have just viewed the pics and i agree with everyone don't be harsh on yourself the canopy looks ok to me mate and the mossie looks well done. question you used xtracrylics what did you think of them? i have only just started using them and i love em. Very well done on the build ian and keep up the good work.

scott

M

m1ks

Like everyone else here, I agree it`s a lovely job. The canopy looks fine and as you know close up photo`s are always a harsher judge than real life viewing.

Now if it had turned out looking like a Spitfire you`d have cause to be concerned.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi ian , great job! Dont be harsh on yourself it looks fine to me, in fact ive got the tamiya 1/48 mossie fb 6 to do and im dreading the canopy masking too!!! cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks guys.

Look forwards to seing it Tony.

Hm? whats next?

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
Hi ian , great job! Dont be harsh on yourself it looks fine to me, in fact ive got the tamiya 1/48 mossie fb 6 to do and im dreading the canopy masking too!!! cheers tony
Tony, I've got the Revel 1:48 Mosquito to build and just discovered a canopy mask is available !! Is that cheating ??

Colin M.....

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Tony, I've got the Revel 1:48 Mosquito to build and just discovered a canopy mask is available !! Is that cheating ??Colin M.....
Hi colin, absolutely not! in fact ive been looking for the eduard mask set for the tamiya one! Anything that makes the job of masking canopies easier is fine by me! cheers tony

F

Fenlander

There is no such thing as cheating in modelling. Why make life hard if there is something that will make it easier????????