Iwata vs. Harder & Steenbeck Air-brush

G

Gomer Pyle

Hi guys!

I was hoping some one here could offer feedback on the experience with using Iwata and Harder & Steenbeck (Hansa) Air-brushes. I currently use a H&S Evolution FPS with 3 needle/nozzle sets (0,15mm 0,2mm and 0,4mm), but I keep hearing more and more people praising the Iwata AB's. Has anyone here had any experience with both these brands and how do they compare with in similar price-ranges?

I'm often thinking of upgrading from my Evolution to either an Iwata Custom Micron or a H&S Infinity. Will the Iwata generally win in terms of finished result or might I as well stick with the H&S brushes. I should perhaps mention that the H&S Infinity uses the same needle/nozzle assembly as the Evolution. Does this also apply to the Iwata brushes?

Looking forward to hearing from you

/Daniel

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hej Daniel-

Hvad så, gør det godt?

If it was I that was in your position I would not have to think about it. If you are pleased with the H&S stick with them. In fact If the one you have is still in good working order, buy the H&S Infinity, and a splitter from the compressor and use them both. The 0,15 in one and the 0,4 other. Best of both worlds...

Ian M

PS Skal du til Roskilde Airshow?

T

tecdes

I have two brushes & in place of a splitter at the compressor I fitted a quick release on the existing hose & the respective releases on the two airbrushes. When you release an airbrush there is a valve which stops the air on the hose.

Very handy arrangement as it makes it so much easier to remove the brush & clean. You only need a single hose & changing airbrush takes a couple of seconds for either cleaning or changing airbrushes.

Laurie

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Good idea that Laurie but my compressor is under my desk. Getting down to the floor is no problem- its getting up thats the hard part- lol

I have a three port manifold. Two for airbrushes and the third is blanked off, (for now). So they are both ready for action at all times.

Ian M

T

tecdes

Very interesting article but the information is never ever going to give that clear answer as there is not one. As it goes one man's poison etc.

But here are a few views interesting but inconclusive. One difficulty with comparison is finding a person who has used both. Another is you are wedded to one type you only see problems in the other.

Harder & Steenbeck, better from Iwata? - ARC Discussion Forums

Anyone test a Harder & Steenbeck infinity vs. iwata? [Archive] - WetCanvas

Airbrush required - any recommendations?

Not the instrument though is it ? Place your cheap violin in Yehudi Menuhin's (when he was about) hands & to us it will sound like his Stradivarius. Place the Stradivaius in the hands of the owner of the cheap violin and.......

Laurie

G

Gomer Pyle

Thanks fellows! It seems they are pretty much on par with each other, judging from peoples opinions. I already use the quick-release connectors (standard on the brush I have) so it seems that the most obvious upgrade for me would be the Infinity, but the more I read about these 3 brushes, the less I believe there will any difference in painting fine detail or in atomization.

Ian: Alt er fint her, regner med at lade vejret bestemme hvliken dag jeg tager til AirShow. Jeg har i hvert fald sat hele weekenden af.

/Daniel