John's sculpt 1/6, Canadian Mounted Policeman.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks for all the support guys.

He's now finished.

Done.jpg

If it can help anyone my basic flesh tone is made of Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna, White and a small touch of Pthalo blue (or any dark blue would work). I paint this over the whole face following the old pattern, Forehead a little more yellow, middle face a little more pink ( I add a little Alizarin crimson here) and lower face a little more blue. Then its just a matter of adding highlights and shadows. I usually finish the eyes with a little drop of UV resin to add the shine.

John

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
My goodness Mr. B, This Mounty is truly a work of art!!! Your sculpting skills never cease to amaze me. And it's done so quickly too. Either you have so much snow that you can't go outside, or your Mojo is soaring at 30,000 feet. Absolutely another masterpiece, Sir!!!

Prost
Allen

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
No John, I'm not being too kind. I can only call it like I see it. You are an incredibly talented person with your sculping, painting, oil paintings, plastic modeling and a host of other artistic skills. I can only marvel at your work over the years we've known each other on the net. Are you still dabbling in 1/35 plastic?...

Prost
Allen

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks wonderful John. As commented elsewhere, so fast and so characterful, I really don‘t know how you produce such quality at such speed.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Finished already!! Wow you dont hang about,an impressive bit of work,excellent job.

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Fine work John, hat off to you :thumb2:
(my hat not his)

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
He even looks like he has French ancestry.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That is excellent. It must give a real sense of achievement to know it's all your own work from the first sketch to the final brush stroke

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Jack L, Allen, Tim, Paul, Mike, Marc, Andy, Steven, Paul, Jim, Rick, Neil, Mick and Dave Thanks you all for your very generous comments.

I know it looks like I work fast but in reality sculpting is not a long process when things go right and I have been painting for longer than I care to remember, including giving courses, exhibiting and, sometimes, selling my canvases. All of you guys have many skills that I would never be good at, determination and a passion for the subject being two that we all share.

ATB
John