Keeping missus Miko happy

Miko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Miko
At the moment my modelling space is a simple IKEA 'Lack' coffee table under the window in the lounge, this can be irksome to 'she who must be obeyed' having what she calls 'all you clutter' in our living space, so, I needed to think more aesthetically, gone are the cardboard boxes and clip top containers and in with the stylish wooden boxes and a modern grey weave effect box tucked under the table. . . .

So, at anytime I'm not in modelling mode. . .

set up (4).jpg

in the missus Miko compliant boxes . . .

set up (2).jpg

set up (6).jpg

. . . and in two minutes, I'm ready to go!!

set up (3).jpg

Do you need to keep 'er indoors or other housemate on your good side?

Miko (I'd use super cool 'Muji' furniture but it's ruinously expensive so budget but still cool IKEA will have to do!)

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
At the moment my modelling space is a simple IKEA 'Lack' coffee table under the window in the lounge, this can be irksome to 'she who must be obeyed' having what she calls 'all you clutter' in our living space, so, I needed to think more aesthetically, gone are the cardboard boxes and clip top containers and in with the stylish wooden boxes and a modern grey weave effect box tucked under the table. . . .

So, at anytime I'm not in modelling mode. . .

View attachment 507984

in the missus Miko compliant boxes . . .

View attachment 507985

View attachment 507986

. . . and in two minutes, I'm ready to go!!

View attachment 507995

Do you need to keep 'er indoors or other housemate on your good side?

Miko (I'd use super cool 'Muji' furniture but it's ruinously expensive so budget but still cool IKEA will have to do!)
A trip to the garden centre works for me to appease SWMBO and keep her at arms length and away from my corner of heaven. (That's the bench in the garage!!!)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
All nice and tidy hidden away. Not sure I would have those bottles of glue, thinners and decal solutions laid on thier sides. Mrs M would not be a happy bunny over the pong!

Miko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Miko
All nice and tidy hidden away. Not sure I would have those bottles of glue, thinners and decal solutions laid on thier sides. Mrs M would not be a happy bunny over the pong!

Bottle and jar lids screwed down firmly is important for sure! I model most of the time while missus Miko is out of the house, by the time she returns the place smells like a model shop! Who'd complain about that!! Airbrushing is done at the back door, the entirety of Earth's atmosphere is my ventilation!

Miko ('literally' watching paint dry!)

• Haha
Reactions: JR