kresten's "enemy movements"

K

Kressy13

Hi guys.

Well ive been reading all these builds and i thought why not give it a go. Seeing as everyone is trying something new i thought i would to. I usually do aircraft so i am going to attempt a diorama.

Well my idea is to have a fieseler storch landed near a forward post of the german defensive line during the russian winter. The pilot will be informing them that the enemy is moving toward their position.

The diorama will be in 1/72 scale to save on space and to save my budget a little :tounge: The kits i will be using are: dragon stuG III ausf G, academy FI.156 storch with kubelwagen, revell mechanized german infantry, armourfast german machine gun team and hasegawa WW2 pilots. Might add more later but who knows.

Cheers

Kresten

View attachment 16929View attachment 16928View attachment 16927View attachment 16926View attachment 16925

View attachment 24932

View attachment 24933

View attachment 24934

View attachment 24935

View attachment 24936

MG team 1.jpg

pilots 1.jpg

Mech troops 1.jpg

storch 1.jpg

stug 1.jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Sounds great. I recently built one of the little Academy "Storch" as part of an ongoing project. It's a beautiful little kit.

Cheers

Steve

F

Fenlander

Another great idea, they keep coming don't they. Welcome to the Group Build Kresten, will look forward to following your progress.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Kresten

Wow! You've got a few kits there! You'll have plenty to keep you busy over the coming months.

I've often thought about doing a braille scale diorama as you can put so much more into them. I'm looking forward to seeing this as it develops.

Best of luck with it and welcome aboard!

Regards

Paul

B

bikerbart

Kresten...what can i say...brilliant to have you on board for the GB and even better your choice of subject...i too am in the process of doing this Storch acadamy kit, and as has been mentioned it really is a fabulous kit. Ive not started the Kube yet just the Storch is under way.

Well i am ganna be watching this build with real interest, remember have fun with it, take ya time, and like me enjoy taking on a new challange, all the best and regards Martin :smiling:

R

rogue-one

hi kresten. welcome to the forum. i'm new to it too and i can tell you that these guys on here are great, there all very helpfull!. wow, you have got quite a few kits there! thats gonna be a buzy wee dio.

C

Cov1

That's diiferent, great to see someone breaking the mold. Should be an interesting build and dio.

Nice kits!

Ade

K

Kressy13

Cheers guys. Yea got a few kits but being 1/72 will need a few to make it look alright. The storch is a nice kit, the interior is a little empty though, especially with all those windows. I'll more than likely have plenty of questions for you folks along the way seeing as I know nothing of armour or dios. Well I decided to open up the stuG and start building. I was quite surprised when I opened it. The thing is tiny! I knew it would be small but that's ridiculous. What's even worse is it's still over 100 pieces in itself. Mind you even with the small size the detail is superb. Well I better get on with it. Bye for now.

Kresten.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
The storch is a nice kit, the interior is a little empty though, especially with all those windows. Kresten.
You are quite correct Kresten. There was actually very little in there for the kit manufacturers to show! The cockpit was very basic and sparse and the rear part of the cabin was very "open plan". This allowed various seating options (the rear facing passenger seat behind the pilot is not an option in the Academy kit) and ,as you know, it could be armed. Many were adopted for a casevac role,particularly in the east.

Piccies from "Fiesler Storch in action",squadron/signal publications.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi kresten, great choice of subject, ive also got the academy storch with kube in the stash and it looks great. Ill be interested to see how the figures look, and the dragon stug sounds awesome. Keep the pics coming , cheers tony

N

noble

These are vry nice kits and the idea sounds well cool look forward to seeing this one.

scott

K

Kressy13

WOW. great pics steve. Thank you very much. I might have to try and do some work to the kit and try make it a casevac now. Lol. Looking at the pictures its as thought the fuselage behind the cabin is opened up into the cabin for transporting the patient. Are their any pics of how it opens up without people in the way? That would be awesome. Well thanks again for the pictures and all the comments.

Cheers

Kresten

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I've got this (same source).

You can see the shape of the fuselage "door". That extra triangular window might be tricky in 1/72 scale!

I've got these scanned as I was going to do the conversion myself for a Storch in a diorama but chickened out. I've got some other Storch references at home but can't access them for a while so I hope this helps.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kressy13

Thanks alot steve. I see what you mean about that little triangle. Quite difficult indeed. Think ill just stay with the standard one. Lol. Still great references. Cheers mate.

Kresten.

K

Kressy13

Hi guys. Done a little bit on the stuG on the weekend. Got it primed but i am stumped on the camo. The kit shows it in dark yellow underneath and white on the top. Although ive seen plenty of images of the standard german grey with a white wash over the top. Ive also never seen the dark green and whit mix. Any help would be much apreciated. Also the same for the kube would be great. Should probably get a start on the diorama base if i ever want to finish it. Till next time.

Kresten.

P.S. Your all doing great work and i hope my models will be close to your standard. Keep up the good work.

View attachment 17206View attachment 17205

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Kresten

The general order to paint all vehicles Dark Yellow was in Feb 1943, this replaced the Dark (Panzer) Grey. There were vehicles painted other colours than grey before this (notably North Africa), but this is the standardisation date for Dark Yellow (Ral 7028).

So I guess the short answer is anything after Feb 1943 should be yellow and before this grey (barring a few exceptions).

Hope this helps mate

Paul

K

Kressy13

Ok. Thanks alot. Exactly what i need. Theirs a great wealth of knowledge on this site. Cheers.

Kresten.