Kyosho Alpha GP2 few problems

Z

Zekanosmoke

Hello! I Bought my car 3 months ago (Used) and i have few problems now!

After i crash tree my wheel stop spinning or stuck when i turn.. it because of this thing :smiling3: (i dont know how you call it please tell me the name if you can :smiling3: )

And then i decided to move this thing

moved this thing 1mm out !dont know how you call it, no idea :smiling3: ) ) So... it was working perfect.. and one day.. one lucky day.. i make my Kyosho RC spin 4 times (i mean fly .. and then land on roof..)

After this crash i lost This thing.. and Dogbone.. or how you call it..

it was rainy.. so couldnt find it.. anywhere..

I just want to know the names of this parts and where you can buy them.. ebay or some website..

Next Part..

I read lots of articles , how to configurate your engine.. and make it fast!

, but i dont know.. it spits from exhaust.. a lot and after few minutes my engine goes very hot and if i stop.. it cuts off sometimes because nitro ( petrol) goes very very hot..

this pictures after my last crash.. thats why its dirty.. but you can see nitro (petrol) on chasis..

Next Question

Can I install on this Kyosho alpha GP 2

2 speed Transmission? If Yes.. can you ive me website?

if there is used ill buy used.. lol :D

Sorry for my bad English :smiling3: Im not English man.. Im only Russian.. lol

OK thanks now.. :smiling3: ill be waiting for Replys

Thanks again..

:strong:

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Jake,

Is that the front or rear wheels you have shown in your pics (It looks to be the front ones to me but just need to make sure) - if you let me know and I can give you the part numbers that you need to get the spares. Alternatively if you send me your e-mail address - I will e-mail the parts diagram to you with all the numbers on so you can order your spares and will suggest a couple of sites where to get them.

Yes you can fit the 2 speed box on this car as well - it will be available from the same websites where you can order the other spares from - not cheap though as this part is about £50 alone.

Regards.........Mark.

Z

Zekanosmoke

yes it is front wheels , and i send my email (private message) :smiling3: and do you know why its spitting nitro all around place? :smiling3: its not too much of nitro going in engine and its not smoky..

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Jake,

Ok firstly I have e-mailed you the parts list & Corresponding parts diagram so hopefully that will help you out when ordering spares.

2 sites that I know of that seem to have plenty in stock are:

Antics Online and BenRacing - RC Superstore for RC Model Cars RC Model Boats RC Model Planes and Much More

The 2 speed transmission is listed on both sites although it is showing out of stock on the antics site. The benracing site has the 2 speed transmission for the Superten listed at £18 less than antics...I believe you can use this on the Pureten too as there is not a lot of difference between the 2 cars or the engines (I have both) I will double check that first so don't order that bit just yet.

As for the fuel spitting everywhere,

First things I would check are the exhaust bolts and the Cylinder head bolts and make sure they are fully tightened - I have had these come loose through vibration after a while through normal running and yes fuel does spit out everywhere.

If they are loose, take them out and give them a wipe down and then fit them back in using some threadlock compound. This will stop them coming undone in future (until you want them undone that is) This stuff can be found in any hobby shop or hardware shop and is not expensive - it will certainly save you a few bob in lost bolts/screws etc.

Check all your fuel tubing for any leaks and make sure your pressurised fuel pipe is also properly connected (The one from the fuel tank to the exhaust nipple) Last of all - check the condition of the fuel tank as these plastic tanks do split after a while.

I presume you have the GX12 engine on this car - I have found the best running setting to be at 2 & 1/4 to 2 & 1/2 turns of the needle valve - this also works well on the GS15 engine on my Superten too. (The Skyline under my name is a heavily modified Pureten hybrid and the White Honda below is the Superten, the Subaru is an old modified Thunder Tiger DT10 Mk1)

Good luck !!

Regards........Mark.

Z

Zekanosmoke

Thank you Mark!

and can you tell me setting for air? i have around 1 & 1/5 turns and engine goes very very hot

B

Bluewavestudios

\ said:
Thank you Mark!and can you tell me setting for air? i have around 1 & 1/5 turns and engine goes very very hot
Hi Jake,

That is something I have not had to adjust on my engines as they are at the factory settings and run extremely well on those - I will check and get back to you on that.

Ps best Glow plugs for this engine are OS A3's - superb performance on them.

Regards.......Mark.