Kyosho pureten alpha 3 GP problems

M

mwjlw

Hi there,

I am hoping I could get some help on this forum. I have a kyosho pureten alpha GP3 with GX15, hopups include tuned exhaust and manifold, all round ball bearings and a two speed gearbox. My problem is that since fitting the 2-speed gearbox. I have very little power to wheels but the engine is at full and it does not go very fast. I am also having problems with trying to get it to idle - after removing the glow plug it goes very eractic then stalls. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as this is my first nitro car.

many thanks

mwjlw

DSC00111.jpg

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Mw,

I can only repeat the same advice as given to Robsta on his post with his GP2 version:

1. Remove one of the wheels on your car, When you can see the drive axle stub, there should be a small metal pin that goes through the stub - this locates into a recess in the back of the wheel - without it The wheels will turn when you hold the car up in the air but when you put it on the ground you will have very little or no drive.

Check the other 3 wheels for same. The pins are cheap or can be very easily made from a short length of piano wire - available from most model shops. These pins can drop out very easily if your wheels are not tightened up properly - and the problem can be a pain to find (Been there and done it !!!)

Next thing to check is:

2. You may have worn clutch shoes, They are generally only plastic and do wear down after a while. You will need to remove the engine and the drive gear to check the clutch shoes. They are cheap and very easy to replace.

And last but not least - if the above 2 have not cured the problem - the last thing to check is:

3. You may have a worn Diff - Again this is cheap enough to replace as a whole unit.

If you need the parts diagram for this car let me know and I will paste it up - very handy for obtaining new parts as it has all the part numbers on it.

This advice works well for both versions as they are basically the same car.

PS...for this engine I would recommend the OS A3 glow plugs....best plugs I have used so far and they are cheap on ebay too for a batch of them !!

Regards.....Mark

M

mwjlw

\ said:
Hi Mw,I can only repeat the same advice as given to Robsta on his post with his GP2 version:

1. Remove one of the wheels on your car, When you can see the drive axle stub, there should be a small metal pin that goes through the stub - this locates into a recess in the back of the wheel - without it The wheels will turn when you hold the car up in the air but when you put it on the ground you will have very little or no drive.

Check the other 3 wheels for same. The pins are cheap or can be very easily made from a short length of piano wire - available from most model shops. These pins can drop out very easily if your wheels are not tightened up properly - and the problem can be a pain to find (Been there and done it !!!)

Next thing to check is:

2. You may have worn clutch shoes, They are generally only plastic and do wear down after a while. You will need to remove the engine and the drive gear to check the clutch shoes. They are cheap and very easy to replace.

And last but not least - if the above 2 have not cured the problem - the last thing to check is:

3. You may have a worn Diff - Again this is cheap enough to replace as a whole unit.

If you need the parts diagram for this car let me know and I will paste it up - very handy for obtaining new parts as it has all the part numbers on it.

This advice works well for both versions as they are basically the same car.

PS...for this engine I would recommend the OS A3 glow plugs....best plugs I have used so far and they are cheap on ebay too for a batch of them !!

Regards.....Mark
Many thanks bluewave, will give your suggestions a go. If anyone else has any other advice please post.