Liquid Mask...

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi chaps,
Just masking up my Beaufort,and the destructions call for some liquid Mask to be used,(not included obviously!!),....
So my question is,which one do you think works the best?.. been looking at the Vallejo,but not sure?! :thinking:
Any thoughts gratefully received!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I like Mr Masking Sol R and the VMS stuff. Don't try painting it on, I can't get it on like that. I use a cocktail stick to put a blob on the window or whatever and then use the pointy end to carefully push the fluid to the edges and corners. If the area is big I use tape to cover most and fluid for the edges.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I've only used the mr masking sol R so have nothing to compare it against, but I've been perfectly happy with it.

Jostro65

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ritchie
One up for the Vallejo, only one I've tried and not had reason to change, cocktail stick to apply as Jim said

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks for all taking their time to put up their thoughts on this:thumb2:,
As i`ve said in my Beaufort thread,i usually just re use old bits of Tamiya tape and vinyl masks,but thought i`d try the liquid stuff for the more tricky areas.
Thanks all once again:cool: .

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Just to be different - I use Jacksons Masking Fluid - I got it from a local art shop years ago
jacksons-masking-fluid.jpg
I use it by brush, you just have to keep the brush damp before use & wash in water immediately after use! My bottle is about 5 years old & it's still 3/4 full.
Dave
ps I only use acrylics, so I don't know if it works with oil based paint