Lotus 7, Tamiya 1/24

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
finished!

why number 5?......cos its the 5th time ive done this kit......and loved it as much as the first one

had drama right had the very end.....last bits to go was the indicators on the front wings..........ping!.....carpet monster claimed one!........had to fabricate two new ones, had to get inventive lol

still not impressed with the seat belts....one and only time i will use tamiyas

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I like that Paul. You've done a great job - 5th time around.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
lovely little car that you have built very well Paul but I have to say it, the colour is a bit to Austin Powers for me. ( My dad had a purple car once, hated it. mind you it was a pretty naff car. Morris Marina or was it the All agro. (allegro). Sorry

Great build Paul.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very, very nice finish Paul. Love the tape over the lights!
Cheers
P

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice job, excellent finish on her. Got to agree with Ian about the colour though, quite possibly because my mum also had a purple Morris Marina. These things can scar a youngster……

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
erm.....think you need to go to specsavers........or get your monitors checked.......its ultramarine blue not purple :smiling5:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Me, wearing my pedants hat (you know the one, very sharp creases, worn absolutely square and completely symmetrical, with exactly one hundred and ninety three stitches per seam) I’d say it was a pastel shade of Oxford blue, not ultramarine, no matter what the bottle says. To my eye it’s on the red side of the blue spectrum, not the yellow side :tongue-out3:
I know it’s not purple, it’s just that cars in incongruous colours leave a mark on your psyche, LOL…..

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
erm.....think you need to go to specsavers........or get your monitors checked.......its ultramarine blue not purple :smiling5:
Was at specsavers (aka Louis Neilsen over here. same firm. Danish firm by the way...your welcome lol )
My thoughts are my screen. Its an old laptop and the colour it does change just by moving your head 1 degree.
Could I be nosey and ask which paint it is?

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
you must have been a girl in a previous life........ :smiling5:

How do you know I’m not?
Seriously though, I was a yarn dyer in a dye house for four years when I first left school. If you don’t know how colours are mixed and what primaries are in that mix it’s not a job you would survive in for long :tongue-out3:

By the way, if you want to see how guys name colours, have a look at the games workshop citadel paint range…..without colour swatches I wouldn’t have a clue what most of them even look like ;)

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
How do you know I’m not?
Seriously though, I was a yarn dyer in a dye house for four years when I first left school. I

lol...my first job was QA in textiles.......i used to do colourfastness testing on incoming fabric ......then when i got into automotive and used to check plastics it was easy cos i had a photospectrometer

too old now.....eyes are knackered.......i repeatedly failed the nissan test which was great cos any time the company had a shade problem with the bits we made it meant i couldnt go to sort it out :smiling5:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks blue to me. The skinny tires worked fine-seem to fit the coachwork perfectly. A beauty.