Lynx Info needed

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Anyone a boffin on the RN's Lynx. In particular 'Yellow Veil'.

Any help gratefully received. Asking for another modeller. (Who should know but doesn't to his shame - him being an ex Lynx jockey!!)

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Have you tried asking on the PPRuNe forum?
Wrong thing to think!! I would have assumed he was already a member being a ex Lynx pilot.
I could also add he is quite clued up on the system but has had brain freeze regards where apiece of the kit is located.
The first item on your link is from the chap I am fishing for info! It's the navy net link!! He explains all on there.
Evidently, the kit is a spectrum analyser!!!
I only ever flew in the Mk 2 and the odd Mk 8. A mere 20 flying hours. Now!! The Lynx Mk99, the export variant - a few more!!! Totally different kit.
A nice 360 radar, TANS (N), Bendix AQS18(V) dipping sonar. But NO yellow veil!!!! :rolling:

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
So what does he want to know?
Pete

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
So what does he want to know?
Pete
He needs to know where the 'Tektronix spectrum analyser went'! Evidently!! There was a repeater above the Orange Crop display in the cockpit but he needs to know where the above box went!!
For info!
Yellow Veil Pod.jpg

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I used to look after a number of spectrum analysers in a college lab, but I've no idea where they'd be fitted in a helicopter.
Pete