Make your own decal sheets.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Long before computers and personal printers came on the scene I was making my own decal sheets,this is how I do it-

Obtain some ordinary sticky parcel tape ( not the self adhesive stuff,but good old tasty sticky licky type ) or if you can get it still sheets of adhesive backed paper ( Butterfly brand used to make this ? ) now coat the surface all over with any good varnish,marine varnish is fine,allow to dry out properly and then take the paper and tape the edges to your drawing board,now paint any design or markings that you want onto the varnished surface with enamel paint,allow to dry out and then cut around the edges of the design with a pair of nail scissors,immerse into warm water and the design will then float off or better still slide off onto your model.

If too thin then give two coats of varnish to build up the layer.

This is the same way that commercial decals are made except that these days self adhesive logos seem to have taken over from ordinary waterslide transfers.

Hope that you enjoy this tip,it is much easier to paint onto a flat piece of paper rather than onto the curves of your model.