Make your own Netting / Fences

J

Jim Scott

Hi All just wanted to share this one with you... Ever wanted some netting or fencing in a particular scale?

i needed some and came up with the below. It has worked well for me and you can vary the width of the netting or fencing.

materials:

2 lice Combes

1 piece of hard

Glue epoxy and superglue

Cotton or Fishing line

And a bit of bravery

Measure the length of the Combes, cut hard board in a square to the appropriate size, glue the Combes to the hard board.

Using the comb teeth as width guides take the material you wish to use and weave from one side to the other, when done weave from the opposite side until required size is achieved.

now this is the brave bit... Dip your finger in some superglue and run it along the line of the thread, you may have too do this several times depending on the netting material you use.

leave to dry and cut edges to release..hay presto there you have it.

View attachment 57719View attachment 57720Here is one I made earlier using fishing line, hope it helps.

Jim

View attachment 59638

View attachment 59639

image.jpg

image.jpg

S

Sky Raider

Now thats clever Jim. Thanks for sharing, havent seen a bug comb since i was knee high to a grasshopper lol.

Andy

C

CDW

I've made a couple of thin mesh fences by using the "rigging formers" that come with some sailing ship models.

I like the idea of the comb though ... very nice .... got that logged for future use :smiling3:

Thanks Jim