Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Dear friends.

I have started a hunt for a gimble head to hold my rather large heavy objective with...

Been surfing the www but not having much luck finding a webshop in the UK that sells them.

I can get them in Denmark but its always nicer to learn that I could buy one in the UK to about half the price... We've all done it!

So any recommendations for a good reputable UK web shop that sells Manfrotto. I am aware that there are other makers of gimbles for long lenses, but they are erm.... three times the price of the Manfrotto one.

Hope one of the Photo buffs can give me a few pointers.

Ian M

C

CDW

another option for you .. get a tripod telescope attachment ... used this idea myself for years of photography in the field.

They were a hell of a lot cheaper than the photographic head attachments at the time ... worth having a look-see :smiling3:

P

phalinmegob

what language are you speaking there ian, sounds like something that the kids down the road would shout at me.........ooyy gimble head

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Hi Ian, I'm no photographer, but a quick seach found this -

Manfrotto 393 Long Lens Monopod Bracket

Don't know if this is a cheap one, but I hope it helps.

Tony.

S

Scuff

Hi Ian

Ive been using one of these r mny years with a 500f4 and 300f2.8. Very good bits of kit. Try Amazon Manfrotto 393 Heavy Telephoto Lens Support For Monopod: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks for the tips chaps. I have found a dealer here in DK with free postage, so it works out better for me to order it from them, I think I pay a fiver over the UK price. I can live with that.

Ian M