Mech kitbash

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
I've tried all sorts of search terms to find pictures for inspiration without much joy. Looks like I should have tried guntank! Cheers.
Glad to be of service

Try 'Zeon tank' or 'earth federation tank'

Also, for something a little more 'leggy' try 'macross destroid'. DON'T try just 'destroid' or you'll get something else entirely

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That's looking really cool Andy, great scratchery
Thanks Mick

This is ridiculously good @Andy T !!!
Thanks, it's certainly ridiculous lol. I'm really enjoying something completely different! I've already got a few ideas for future mash-ups.

Glad to be of service

Try 'Zeon tank' or 'earth federation tank'

Also, for something a little more 'leggy' try 'macross destroid'. DON'T try just 'destroid' or you'll get something else entirely
Have you tried BOLO tank art?
Thanks both, that's a few more suggestions to get the juices flowing.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
You certainly have a flair for this genre and the imagination to come up with a plan.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
After a bit more work on the "base" (I'm still not sure what to call it), I turned my attention to the "leg" (nor that)

Out came the Lego for a mock up:

1000007581.jpg

After much cutting & sanding it's getting somewhere:

1000007585.jpg

1000007586.jpg

Obviously it needs a lot of work to camouflage its origin and make it more chunky, but at least I have a basic structure and can figure out proportions for the arms.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Good creative work with the Lego there, with some more bits and bobs glued to it I doubt anybody is going to recognise it for what it is.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks chaps, I've got a Hurricane to finish but I can't drag myself away from this! :tears-of-joy:
'Base'? "Motor Unit" maybe?

Hmm. Need to think of a suitable acronym from 'MANTIS' for this

'Mobile Armour... ... Integrated System'? Needs more work...
With the amount of lamps I'm building into it - Mobile Armoured Night Time Infiltration Sytem

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Paul.

I've done a bit more today, "skinning" all of the Lego to disguise it and give me a flat surface to build on.

I added some hydraulic rams too, which still need tidying up and detailing (dry fitted for now so a bit wonky) :

1000007597.jpg