Hobby Boss Sd.kfz 221 Panzerspahwaggon 2.8cm gun New photos

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I started this some months ago but lost interest but my son has bought me the sd kfz 222 for my birthday and my mojo returned for it

The kit is very well detailed with a full interior but I mucked up the painting of which is why I think I lost interest

It goes together very well apart from the upper hull I suppose this is on purpose so you can take it off to look inside

I should have done some research on this as it was deployed in North Africa in 43 and I do like to do the desert versions :smiling3:

It's not one of my best but a simple muddy base will make it look better View attachment 114857

View attachment 114858

View attachment 114859

View attachment 114860

View attachment 114861

I've gone over the edges with a mid stone to give a more worn dusty lookView attachment 114926

View attachment 114927

View attachment 114928

View attachment 114928

View attachment 114929

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Polux

I don't see nothing wrong there!

Very nice one. The subtle weathering is an excellent touch ;)

I love it, Alan!

First Name
Robert
Hi Alan

I did this kit but just with the 20mm and as you say it went together very well.

You are to critical of your pieces I think as what I see you produce in any theatre of ops is far better than you think.

Outstanding weathering and nice to see the 222 with upgraded armament.

When it comes to reference I think sometimes we strive to build too much and sometimes it can take away the enjoyment of the building( sorry if that sounds a bit back to front but think you know what I mean.

Your photography is excellent.

Awesome build

Regards

Robert

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I appreciate it :smiling3:

I think my problem is I have an image in my head how I want it to look and it never turns out how my minds eye sees it , maybe I see the real thing and you see the photos although I do try to show the photo as close to reality as I can it's never as real as it can be

Or maybe my eyes are going :D

Anyway I do appreciate your comments :smiling3:

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Neatoh!!

Nice weathering:smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great build Alan I do like it a lot,I have one in my stash as well,

what i do like is that your able to show from one to another,the harshness

of weathering to a more lighter type of effect,

very well done, ;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
I think my problem is I have an image in my head how I want it to look and it never turns out how my minds eye sees it , maybe I see the real thing and you see the photos although I do try to show the photo as close to reality as I can it's never as real as it can be

Or maybe my eyes are going :D

Anyway I do appreciate your comments :smiling3:
Don't fret Alan , I don't think any of us are ever really satisfied with our work ,otherwise we would never seek to improve. You are a fine modeler and your own self criticism only means you will get better...............Jim;)

First Name
john
Yes Alan I agree with what everyone as said great work on the 221 it will look great on the proposed base you have in mind for it.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys and gal for the great comments :smiling3:

\ said:
Don't fret Alan , I don't think any of us are ever really satisfied with our work ,otherwise we would never seek to improve. You are a fine modeler and your own self criticism only means you will get better...............Jim;)
Cheers Jim , I took it to the club tonight and one bloke said I'm too humble lol , I know what it needs , it's needs a little light dry brush just on the edges to give it a definition , not a full dry brush just a touch :smiling3:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Looks spot on and the weathering and colour is superb and when I built mine spent ages doing the interior but you can't see is so I wouldn't worry..The main deal is the outside looks quality

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Great build Alan, looks fantastic

Lee :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan

\ said:
Looks spot on and the weathering and colour is superb and when I built mine spent ages doing the interior but you can't see is so I wouldn't worry..The main deal is the outside looks quality
I agree it's the armour version of an aircraft , all the detail inside and covered up :D

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I think it looks great. A base might really set it off, but that's a whole lot more work. As it stands, great.