My First Scale Tank.

Heftruck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Kyle Chalmers
I'm.... reasonably Happy overall, definitely learned a lot of what not to do next times :smiling6: I might have to9 go back and clean up the road wheels, im not sure if they just look a bit too... brown?
IMG_20220815_174046.jpgIMG_20220909_212902.jpg

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Looks good, though if you’re thinking of doing more work on the wheels, then I would suggest making the running surfaces (but not the side walls) black, because that’s where the dirt would get rubbed off by the track.

Also, interesting name. Are you sure you don’t want to be building warehouse vehicles instead of tanks? ;)

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'm.... reasonably Happy overall, definitely learned a lot of what not to do next times :smiling6: I might have to9 go back and clean up the road wheels, im not sure if they just look a bit too... brown?
View attachment 462646View attachment 462647
Yep,
Not too shabby for a first attempt there :smiling3:
Obviously some lessons to be learned for your next one,but all in all,a nice result.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good Kyle. Don’t think there is much wrong with the colour of the running gear myself. If that’s your first attempt you are doing well. What’s next?

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Kyle - the model is looking very good :thumb2: - I would say the base should reflect the wheels, ie the wheels/tracks have picked up brown dirt/dust, but the base doesn't show any of the same colour
Dave

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
That looks good to me. I'm pretty new to this myself and have only just started on my first track vehicle.

And I've just picked up a few tips from Jakko and Dave's responses, so thanks all round.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Kyle
Two important observations. Firstly you're happy, which lets face it a hobby should make us happy, and secondly you have learned lessons to take on to your next build.
You should be pleased with your model. I'll echo Tim - What's next?

Heftruck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Kyle Chalmers
Well thanks guys XD

Looks good, though if you’re thinking of doing more work on the wheels, then I would suggest making the running surfaces (but not the side walls) black, because that’s where the dirt would get rubbed off by the track.

Also, interesting name. Are you sure you don’t want to be building warehouse vehicles instead of tanks? ;)
That's a good point! lol I might go back and pick that out, unfortunately I've glued the wheels in place so that might be really awkward. Haha I wouldn't mind doing a 1:35 forklift tbh :P

Kyle - the model is looking very good :thumb2: - I would say the base should reflect the wheels, ie the wheels/tracks have picked up brown dirt/dust, but the base doesn't show any of the same colour
Dave
I just had that lying around and thought it looked better than nothing :confused: I have zero experience doing diorama type bases unfortunately... for now.

As for what's next I'm working on a t72m1 at the moment, much bigger and doing camouflage is quite fun. But building the external Fuel tanks was definitely an exercise in frustration.