My lucky day!!

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
I was chatting to a mate today and my 'new' hobby came up. Said I was having a problem sorting out brushes vs A/B. He only gifted me his Timbertech compressor and a cheapo airbrush!!! He's dropping it off tomorrow!! (Evidently his wife doesn't like the smell of the paint so it has to go!!!!) No arguments from me! I offered to pay for it but had non of it!! Good job I'm banished to the garage, I could see SWIMBO doing the same!!!
Overall, a very good day!!
OK, question! Has anyone any experience of the Timbertech name!!! Any good/bad reviews. Or has he got shot of a bag of rubbish!! Any comments welcomed!! However, free is my best price so I'll give it a go anyway!!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Good on you Gordon, I know nothing other than Paasche (made in the USA and been in business since 1904) when it comes to Airbrushes....been using the same one for over 40 years. I will say this......if you get a good one and treat it right, it will last you a lifetime....."and that's all I know about that". ;)

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
First of, nice one, always a good day when you get something for nothing.

The Timbertech are okay, I have one model: ABPST05. They are adjustable for pressure, quiet and for small work are ideal. If I was using a airbrush a lot then I think a better compressor might be had but, for me it works well.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
First of, nice one, always a good day when you get something for nothing.herself tonight about it

The Timbertech are okay, I have one model: ABPST05. They are adjustable for pressure, quiet and for small work are ideal. If I was using a airbrush a lot then I think a better compressor might be had but, for me it works well.

No idea on what model it is. Chatted to herself a while ago about it and we agreed, depending on how I get on I can look at upgrading about Crimbo. She always struggles as to what to buy me. So I have already sorted Xmas out for her!!!! As a starter model at no cost it will be a cheap way of learning the art!! If it lets me!!

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Well, my buddy came through!! He dropped it off earlier and all it cost me was my not so secret stash of Doombar!!! (Knew I should have hid it away). He wouldn't take any ££ for it so that's what I call a real bargain.
Seriously, he says it was only used a couple of times but to me it doesn't even look like it has been used!! All we did was switch on the pump and that seems fine. Will have a good look tomorrow when its daylight. Only waiting for some primer now and I'm off!!
Getting excited now!!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
That's really nice Gordon and welcome to the crazy house too!!! I hope it works out for you and if you can. post up a pic for us. Free is always good...Years ago, I got something for free too, but after a trip to the docs, a shot and some antibiotics, I got rid of it......

Prost
Allen

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
That's really nice Gordon and welcome to the crazy house too!!! I hope it works out for you and if you can. post up a pic for us. Free is always good...Years ago, I got something for free too, but after a trip to the docs, a shot and some antibiotics, I got rid of it......

Prost
Allen
Ahhh, I listened to my dad!!! I passed on that 'pleasure'!!!

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Had my freebie running today, only ran water through it as I'm not set up quite yet for paint, need a temp spray booth, nothing elaborate!! (Yet).
Seems good, practiced a few positions to hold it. Found wrapping the hose round my forearm most comfortable - however! Early days so everything is try learn - modify! Watching all the vids on YT have helped I must admit. Here's a pic of it in its new home.
IMG_0605.JPG

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Looks like a bench vice worthy of some oil to me Paul……looks like a good starter AB set for gratis though. Nice one Doug.
The days of using the vice are (hopefully) no more. Don't let the rust fool you!! The mechanism is greased!!! Anyway, living as close as I do to the coast rust is a fact of life!!

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Hoorah!! A day off tomorrow!!! No more crazy shopping for the new puppy, no more securing the garden for the great escape.
Tomorrow, is practice airbrushing day. I found one of my problems was my pressure was too high, (I think). I have cranked it down to about 18-20psi so will see what that gives me.
So Tuesday I am in the garage and experimenting with pressures and paint mixes. If I feel confident to spray proper, I will prime the inside of my Sea King or maybe the outside! Undecided!!
Finally a day for me to have some fun and experiment.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Well that didn't turn out as I wished. Had a strong south westerly wind blowing all day. Garage door, aka, my modelling area, faces south west!! So that put pay to my idea!! Still, spring/summer is on its way and that means good weather here!! So on the bright side - my paint for the troop seats on my build arrived so I can plod on with that!! (With a brush!!)