need advise guys acrylics and enamels near disaster

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
hi guys i had a near disaster i have painted my British light tank with Vallejo acrylics and decided to paint the tracks with AK enamel 083 track wash when the tracks started to fall off the tank , but i have it sorted i think. but i have got myself confused the model is not sealed with klear yet, but can you put enamels over acrylics or should neither the two mix ? i have a load of AK weathering bottles as well as the Vallejo acrylics , so what do i do ?

T

tecdes

Steve I would email Vallejo & they will give answers to your questions. Acrylicos Vallejo | Colores acrylicos. They normally take about 8 hours to reply but usually give very comprehensive info.

They also do a downlaod question/answer thing Downloads.

I have read somewhere you can use Enamel over Vallejo but can not find it at the moment. Think also their varnishes are good for taking a variety of finishes. Cannot help you on Klear but othere I am sure will.

Laurie

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Generally L E A....lacquer,enamel acrylic in that order.

You can get away with it,not all paints are the same,but it's a good rule of thumb.

Cheers

Steve

P

phalinmegob

i have been using ak interactive wash and stuff over tamiya and revell acrylics with no problems and i am sure that i have read somewhere that they are designed specifically to go over acrylics but cannot remeber where i read it

Last edited:

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
L.E.A does that mean that you should not put enamel over acrylic ? . i had glued the tracks with liquid cement (revell) i will contact vallejo for info thanks.