Dambuster.

http://www.airfix.com/airfix-products/n ... 72-a09007/

MKII

http://www.airfix.com/airfix-products/n ... 72-a08001/

Heres hoping they will be 'bang on'

Ian.

First Name
Dave
Great news about the Lancasters.I would have loved a Mk2 some years ago when I used to build 1/72 scale.

I

ian lanc

Just been looking through 'whats new in 2013' is this beaut' of a set to go with Bomber Command aircraft.

Bomber Re-supply Set 1:72 (A05330) Model Kit and Accessories by Airfix

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
So they basically waited to see what was wrong with the Revell one then re-designed their one. Shame they can't pull their finger out about other kits. I'm sure there rivet counters will still fined something wrong. A rivet will be 0.0001mm out of place or something like that

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Bugger! I asked them to do them in 1/48!!! ^

Still its great to see that they are popping out some new tool kits. The lancasters look rather nice as well.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Oh boy I just had a look in the 1/48 aircraft section!!!!

Aircraft 1:48 Scale Plastic Scale Model Kits by Airfix

I'm sure that I am not the only one glad to see a good few of the new tool kits for 2013 A javlin and a PRXIX spit!!! Im so going to get some looks form the misses!!

There are quite a few re-pops of some long time missed kits...

Ian M

B

Boldman

At last a (hopefully decent) javelin in 1:48 that isn't a vac form!!!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
I like vac-forms! Kind of scratchbuilders' aids.Martin
Good on you Martin. I flirted with a couple of Sanger (spelling?) kits a few years ago but then decided I preferred being tied up and whipped :smiling3:

Seriously,I lack the determination and skills to make a decent job of them. I've seen some wonderful models made by those that do.

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
At last a (hopefully decent) javelin in 1:48 that isn't a vac form!!!
I'm hoping. If its near as good as the Sea Vixen and the Lightning it will be gooder than good! Also if you look at the quality of the latest New Tooled kits they have turned out...

I will be getting one!

Ian M

I

ian lanc

\ said:
Good on you Martin. I flirted with a couple of Sanger (spelling?) kits a few years ago but then decided I preferred being tied up and whipped :smiling3: Seriously,I lack the determination and skills to make a decent job of them. I've seen some wonderful models made by those that do.

CheersSteve
Sanger kits really put you to the test and test you're patience and skill to the max'

but if you are serious about building a certain type of aircraft you'll get the job done!

I built the Sanger 1/48th Avro Lincoln ages ago and the built model is on the website.[camo' version]

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice to Airfix pulling something new out of the hat. The few 'New tool' airfix kits I've completed have been really good.

S

Stevekir

\ said:
So they basically waited to see what was wrong with the Revell one then re-designed their one. Shame they can't pull their finger out about other kits. I'm sure there rivet counters will still fined something wrong. A rivet will be 0.0001mm out of place or something like that
Er... I have just been given for Christmas the Ravell 1/72 Lancaster "Dambusters", 04295 What is wrong with this kit please?

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Steve. In my eys nothing is wrong with the kit. It looks like a Lancaster and that's good enough for me. But to some on the internet (read other forums to see) they think it is the devil reincarnate lol

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

In my opinion with the Lancasters, although I like Airfix the Revell Mk 1,2 and 3 Lancs the best. The Dambuster version is also great.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Sorry wrong spelling- its although I like Airfix the Revell Mk 1,2 and 3 Lancs are the best. The Dambuster version is also great.