New camera arrived

First Name
Adrian
Well after 3 weeks of waiting I finally got my new camera, its a Nikon D5100, no idea what all the buttons mean or do as this is my first "real" camera" I have a lot to learn :smiling3:

Adrian

M

mobear

Adrian all i can say is`play with it`thats the best thing about digi cams,you can play with all the settings lol

mobear

C

CDW

and they have a "reset" button for when you get to a state of chaos :smiling3: :smiling3:

C

capt-pugwash

the best way to learn is to use it,use it and then....you got it use it again i also found joining a camera club a very good move,i myself have a old nikon fe film camera plus a d100 which i got about 6 years ago and still learning what all the buttons do.

jeff.

First Name
Adrian
The first thing I have learnt is the side lamps I use on the light booth get very hot and not to grab one by the bulb area !!!!!!

Adrian

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Another hobby where you have to have deep pockets :smiling3: I'm always buying something new for mine, my last purchase was a 500mm lens, not had chance to use it yet

F

Fenlander

\ said:
Another hobby where you have to have deep pockets :smiling3: I'm always buying something new for mine, my last purchase was a 500mm lens, not had chance to use it yet
Good greif John, what are you going to be shooting with that?????????

S

Stevekir

I have a top-of-the-range compact. It has lots and lots of features, like burst mode, smile recognition etc. etc. Sometimes I wander inadvertently into the bowels of its sophistication and get trapped, requiring a switch off then on — like any other wretched object having a microprocessor like TVs and TV recorders — mine actually crash and require a switch then off/on to recover their sanity. Heaven help us when vacuum cleaners and cookers and electric drills and ballpoint pens go the same way!

First Name
Adrian
Well I've been having a play ( created a gallery) cant beleive it can do the artsy stuff like selecting a single colour ! I'm easily impressed btw :smiling3:

Adrian

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
Good greif John, what are you going to be shooting with that?????????
I've no idea, I've always wanted a big one, so to speak :smiling3:

O

Oggy

500mm prime? Nice. :respect2:

When it comes to wildlife, they get used up quite quickly. This chap was on the roof of the garrage at Oggy Towers, about 10 yards away. (150-500 at 500)

So they are good for wildlife. They also come into their own at airshows. They mean that you can photograph the planes at the end of the crowd line where they turn, and stand a better chance of getting a topside shot.

First Name
Adrian
Well, cos I cant afford a 500mm lense I ordered some Macro lenses for £20 off Ebay and I have to say I can get much better close up shots of my models now,,, the only down side is you can also see more flaws in my builds :smiling3:

Adrian