New Cosplay zombie-hunter blaster.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
My lad is getting into Cosplay, and has decided to go for the zombie-slayer look, big boots, long leather coat, ammo pouches, sword and of course his faithful side-arm.

Some of you may remember I made a 1/1 scale blaster from the Lost in Space movie, it is a resin model that the end piece was so badly made that it had to be scrapped and I just added a short barrel and re-changed it slightly-added a mag-release button and a single or three round selector switch-all from old a broken digital camera.

Of course this didn't look right for a heavy side-arm so it has now had a makeover ready for tackling those dead-flesh-munchers.

This is what I did, took the original barrel off, cleaned up the area, and then cored out the resin block, a brass nozzle from an old 1930's torch gun was added via plastic insert, this was then anchored and fastened in using a very good quality CA. Underneath a small gas nozzle from an old welding torch was added, again this was drilled and a plastic insert attached to the brass work so that a good tight hold would work, again CA was used. All painted in satin black and weathered, with the barrel end silvered and then blued. I also added some decals just to add something and the whole thing was sealed in matt-varnish. 2 hours work and something that now looks rather mean.

This is the original:

And now the makeover version:

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Nice adaptation mate looks much better but be honest it's you fighting the zombies isn't it :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Nice adaptation mate looks much better but be honest it's you fighting the zombies isn't it :D
I'm Starfleet mate...he is the undead slayer...although I was impressed how it turned out, really heavy though.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice i do like it, she has seen alot of Z,s and look like its done its job,cool, ;)

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
that looks so much better

............and we need a pic of your lad when his costume is done ;)

got a friend in NZ whos into cosplay....................cept she is over 30 and goes for the Sailor Moon look lol

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Ta guys, will get a pic up Paul when it is all sorted.

Sailor Moon...

Last edited by a moderator:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
you must real like your son for keeping you on your toes what a great dad you are Si, :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
you must real like your son for keeping you on your toes what a great dad you are Si, :D
Awe, that's lovely Moni, thank you. He is cool, into all sorts, Warhammer, COG etc, no idea what they are lol.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
your welcome and very nice to see,i still play lotro, just the figures are so so small for my eyes to paint, must be getting old lol,:cool:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
your welcome and very nice to see,i still play lotro, just the figures are so so small for my eyes to paint, must be getting old lol,:cool:
Me starting getting back into modelling came about via him getting into Warhammer and the 28mm figures-he wanted scenery so I made it for him, as for the figures; too small for me too. :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh lol , for me was what to do in winter and how to get away from nagging ,thats my job not the other half's, :mad: :rolleyes:

D

dubster72

I've no idea what Cosplay is, hopefully it's a legal bit of fun :P

That looks good Si, mean & yet functional - does your son carry it around?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I've no idea what Cosplay is, hopefully it's a legal bit of fun :P That looks good Si, mean & yet functional - does your son carry it around?
Ta Patrick, it is all legal...although some of the costumes can be...risque...but all fun.

He will have it in a holster, there are loads with various steampunk weapons, swords etc, even dressed as S.W.A.T etc. As long as he doesn't go waving it around in the street he should be fine.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Sounds like fun! Almost like a real-life computer game/film thingy!
Yep, that's basically it, get dressed up from all sorts of themes, Japanese Anime, Star Wars, Sci-Fi, Dr Who, Zombies you name it anything goes.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
A re-fit blaster is no good if it hasn't got a holster...so here we are.

It is my old drill holster, sprayed black and matt varnished, looks like it was custom made for the gun.